USDA Food Question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USDA Food Question...

Does anyone know if you need to be licensed to be on the USDA program? I'm in Ohio...

Pushing this back up. Please consider registering.

Search for the best information on daycare, and childcare for your children

Comment

Not sure about in Ohio. It's not a federal requirement to be licensed. California you can be legally unlicensed, but some of the food sponsors here only take licensed providers. Hopefully someone in Ohio can give you a better answer.

Comment

In MN, providers Choice would not reimburse until my licensing date and it was fully approved and processed through the state dept.

Comment

In Franklin County at least, you have to either be licensed through ODJFS or registered through Action for Children in order to enroll in the food program
          Hee hee! Look, I have a signature!

Comment

In TN, legally unlicensed child care can be on USDA food program as well as licensed homes.

Comment

I would check with your state. In MA you have to be licensed to care for children in your home that aren't yours. On this site I've seen the term legally unlicensed, not sure what that is, but MA doesn't offer it. My food program lady always asks to see my license when she comes, even though she's seen it a bunch of times.

Comment

Working...
              X