Interviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interviews

I have noticed here that many providers do interviews during hours of care .
    I never do a first interview during care hours .If they wold like to come for a second one during DC hours that it fine . I feel that I can get a better feel of the family if it is just them and me , no dck to keep an eye on . Also I have heard horror stories of how some interviews are just a front to rob your home .

When I explain to potential client why I do not do them during DC hours no one has ever had a problem with it .

Anyone else not do interviews during DC hours for these or any other reasons or am I the weird one ?

I am the same. Only on weekends. My interviews are usually one hour, sometimes more, and that would disrupt our schedule here too much.

Plus, I don't want strange adults around my dcks.

Comment

Originally posted by Second Home View Post
      I never do a first interview during care hours .If they wold like to come for a second one during DC hours that it fine . I feel that I can get a better feel of the family if it is just them and me , no dck to keep an eye on . Also I have heard horror stories of how some interviews are just a front to rob your home .

When I explain to potential client why I do not do them during DC hours no one has ever had a problem with it .

Anyone else not do interviews during DC hours for these or any other reasons or am I the weird one ?
      I do like you do for the same reasons and also as another poster said.

Laurel

Comment

I'm the same. I don't like doing interviews during the day when DCK's are here because of several reasons.
        • It's hard for me to focus on the interview and the DCK's at the same time.
        • DCK's always seem to act crazy when there is a guest present (interview, food program, licensing, other parent etc)
        • I don't feel it's safe to bring a stranger into the house with other kids here.
        • I like to have my DH at home when I do the first interview. I feel safer until I get a good feel about the client ... or at least until I can get a good description of them .

Comment

I used to do it when I was a large fcc because I had others here to keep an eye on the kids. Now that I am back to a small daycare and by myself, no. AFter hours only.

Comment

Originally posted by Second Home View Post

I do them after hours. I want to be able to focus all my attention on the potential client, and get a feel for if I want them to join my group. Plus my kids always act up no matter who comes into the daycare. Plus I don't want strangers coming in when I have other peoples kids in care. I don't feel that is right. They are strangers to me until I get to know them better- I don't know about the being robbed part. Heck what are they going to take.....Fisher Price toys, Little Tykes? LOL They take the kids they will bring them back real fast....... Just kidding. I also limit my interview time. I had one that lasted almost two hours, and turned out to be a nut case- No more of that. I give them fifteen minutes to show and if not I move on with life. I have learned a lot you can tell over the years and am still learning.

Best-

Comment

I also schedule interviews during off hours for the same reasons mentioned already. I explain to parents that I want to be able to concentrate solely on them and their child and that that won't happen if I have several children in care. Most seem to appreciate that. I've never had anyone complain.

Comment

Working...
              X