Sent a Kid Home Today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sent a Kid Home Today...

due to behavior. 3 strikes and you go home for 24 hours policy.

Had a 3.5yo push, then smack another child for sitting next to him. (Strike 1. Notified Mom, TO.)

Then he was pushing during centers. (Strike 2. Notified Mom, separated.)

He kept trying to go back to centers, so I picked him up to move him. As I was talking to him at eye level, he told me to shut up, then punched me right in the nose. Hard enough for it to bleed some! (strike 3, you're OUT kid.)

Mom is giving me grief for leaving work. She signed a page DEVOTED to this policy for the safety of myself and others in care. She asked if I felt like I couldn't handle him. I said it's not that I can't handle him, it's that I won't.

Oh no! That's awful! I had a kid punch me in the nose at my old job in a high end fitness center daycare and I was like no way, you're out of here! They had already been on probation for naughty behavior! I actually told my supervisor if they didn't go, I would! They were banned for like 3mos and came back acting just as awful. Punching a teacher is NOT ok, even in preschool or elem. school! They would be expelled!

Comment

Originally posted by daycarediva View Post

Had a 3.5yo push, then smack another child for sitting next to him. (Strike 1. Notified Mom, TO.)

He kept trying to go back to centers, so I picked him up to move him. As I was talking to him at eye level, he told me to shut up, then punched me right in the nose. Hard enough for it to bleed some! (strike 3, you're OUT kid.)

Mom is giving me grief for leaving work. She signed a page DEVOTED to this policy for the safety of myself and others in care. She asked if I felt like I couldn't handle him. I said it's not that I can't handle him, it's that I won't.
      happyfacehappyfacehappyfacehappyfacehappyface

Comment

Wow! That is horrible behavior!

Comment

Oh wow! Good for you for calling mom though!!!

WTH is it with kids anyways? Were kids like that when we were that age? I have never seen so many sassy physical kids in all my life. It started maybe 6-10 years ago and doesn't seem to get any better. Are parents afraid to parent? Are they not allowed to parent? I just don't get it.

Comment

Wow! That always ticks me off - um, it's not my job to deal with behavior that is ABNORMAL. And yes, it IS ABNORMAL for children to think they can hit, punch or kick a teacher/adult. I'd be tempted to term immediately for mom's attitude.

Comment

Originally posted by Play Care View Post
              Wow! That always ticks me off - um, it's not my job to deal with behavior that is ABNORMAL. And yes, it IS ABNORMAL for children to think they can hit, punch or kick a teacher/adult. I'd be tempted to term immediately for mom's attitude.
              Yeah, it's pretty insulting when mom acts like it's your fault that you can't deal with her abusive son!

I would really use this as a means to address his aggression and how she would expect you to handle it? I would also go over your policy again and also explain that this is NOT normal behavior!

Comment

Just tell her that you don't have any children or adults here willing to be hit, kicked, and pushed. Nothing personal. She needs to find him a setting where there are willing victims.
                http://www.amazon.com/Daycare-Whispe...=doing+daycare

Comment

Originally posted by nannyde View Post
                  Just tell her that you don't have any children or adults here willing to be hit, kicked, and pushed. Nothing personal. She needs to find him a setting where there are willing victims.
                  Exactly. I did not sign up for that.

I am going to email her later (he can't come back tomorrow, either).

This is 1 of the 2 I want to term/replace. For obvious reasons.

Comment

Oh no!
                    I can't believe he punched you! Mom's attitude would p me off!

Comment

Originally posted by melilley View Post
                      Oh no!
                      I can't believe he punched you! Mom's attitude would p me off!
                      I believe it. He hits his mother ALL THE TIME. They also find 99% of what he does HILARIOUS and just so CUTE. He was ripping up the mulch in my front garden beds and mom called him curious George, asked what he was digging for, etc GRRRRRR. He is a goodbye outside kid and has been for months. For that time, I am now watching to see what he does before he gets in the car. Kicking over/breaking solar lights, kicking flowers, pulling my plants, he pulled my small garden flag stake up and was carrying it to the car once. M O N S T E R.

When he is with me, it's ALMOST like another kid, but last week he was on vacation, was out sick m-t and today was.... well UGH!

Comment

happyfaceGood for you! If parents want to be hit/kicked/slapped by their kids, whatever, but good grief no one else should have to put up with it. Good luck in school kid

Comment

I said it's not that I can't handle him, it's that I won't.

What a shame that mom had that attitude.

Another child, I would love to follow through adulthood just to see the outcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post

Truly what a shame ! This poor child is going to have such a disadvantage at life because of his mothers inept-ness. It really makes me so upset that these kids get slighted, because their parents are too unconcerned/busy/don't want to be bothered/ don't want to be the bad guy, to give their child the best shot at life. It is really pathetic. By all means allow your child to behave like this, and set them up for repeated failure and heart break, all because you don't want to be the bad guy in the short term. It is horribly selfish, and people ought to know it.

Thinking of renting a billboard

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post

Another child, I would love to follow through adulthood just to see the outcome.
                              You will. Just watch the crime news.

Comment

Working...
                              X