Am I on Candid Camera?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I on Candid Camera?

I have 16 daycare kids. So far today...only the dad's picking up. Dad's hardly EVER pick up and yet they are arriving in droves.

I have one single dad. Guess who picks up today? The usually never seen mom.......

Twilight Zone!

I have those kinds of days now and then too...

I think it is just the Gods double checking to make we're sure we are paying attention and on our toes still ....

Comment

The last two kids to leave broke the streak and their mom picked up as usual....but oh boy ::

Comment

I couldn't get past your first sentence. 16??? How do you remain sane?

Comment

Originally posted by Josiegirl View Post
          yes HOW?????::::::

Comment

Check out her avatar...does she look sane?? Just kidding, Meeko!!

Comment

Originally posted by Josiegirl View Post
              Me either! It would be way illegal here at least all at one time. We could have 16 enrolled but only 6 here at a time. A large child care here could have 12 with 2 providers though.

Laurel

Comment

We are licensed as a family group for 16. (Only 4 can be under age two). We can have as many children enrolled as we wish, but only 16 can be here at one time.

I've been at this for about 29 years now. I was probably insane years ago! ::

Seriously......over the years I have honed my routines so that everything works like clockwork. My backbone is usually thick and I am old enough to be the parent of all my daycare parents. In fact I have children of my own OLDER than any of my daycare parents. So I don't stand for much nonsense and they know it. They respect my experience and my age for the most part.

It was harder years ago when I was the same age as the parents, didn't have my business running smoothly and so on. Of course I still have bad days when I look worse than my avatar...but hey! ::::

Comment

Originally posted by Meeko View Post
                  We are licensed as a family group for 16. (Only 4 can be under age two). We can have as many children enrolled as we wish, but only 16 can be here at one time.

I've been at this for about 29 years now. I was probably insane years ago! ::

Seriously......over the years I have honed my routines so that everything works like clockwork. My backbone is usually thick and I am old enough to be the parent of all my daycare parents. In fact I have children of my own OLDER than any of my daycare parents. So I don't stand for much nonsense and they know it. They respect my experience and my age for the most part.

It was harder years ago when I was the same age as the parents, didn't have my business running smoothly and so on. Of course I still have bad days when I look worse than my avatar...but hey! ::::
                  That is so impressive!!! I don't think I could do that!

All my parents are older than me, Could be why it is hard sometimes having a back bone.

Comment

Originally posted by mountainside13 View Post
                    That is so impressive!!! I don't think I could do that!

All my parents are older than me, Could be why it is hard sometimes having a back bone.
                    I think it can make a difference for some.

I remember finding it harder as a young mother of 2 boys...to put my foot down to a parent who was older than me, had older children etc. They WEREN'T always wiser and DIDN'T have all the answers, but it was harder to stand my ground back then. I think they had more of a sense of superiority too.

When I first started out, I had only 4 daycare kids to start. I had to count my own boys in my numbers and 6 was the limit.

Later, I went to 8 kids when we moved back to Utah. But had to count my daughters then.

When my girls hit school, they didn't have to be counted in ratio and I had 8 daycare kids.

My husband then joined me and we "went group". Two providers and 16 kids.

Now it's me, my 29 year old son and my husband all day. We have our schedules and who-does-what down to perfection after all these years and we laugh sometimes when we "only" have 10-12 kids some days! That's a light day for us!

We've just got used to it. I don't think I could have ever just had 16 right off the bat. I'd have been in a straight jacket! ::

Comment

Ahhh, well more than one adult. That makes a difference! I was thinking they let one person have 16. Sounded crazy!

Laurel

Comment

Working...
                      X