No announcement yet.

Dad always late on payment and bounced checks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is how "I" would handle it. You don't want to term because of your own financial issues, I understand.

I have a father that continually pays late, I now expect it. He used to get paid on Monday's so I allowed him to pay on Monday for that week. Now his job is really sketchy and he never knows when he's going to get paid. He doesn't have a traditional 9-5 job. Anyways, he pays when he gets paid and I charge him a $10 a DAY late fee. He always comes with cash including the late fee.

After the first check bounced, I would no longer accept checks, cash only.

Comment

when dcm brings him:

"I'm sorry but I have had issues getting payment the past few weeks and I'm not sure how well you and your ex husband are communicating, but I can't accept dcb into daycare today as I haven't received payment this week when I was told numerous times I would by now. If you want me to care for him today, YOU will have to write me a check or get dcd here to pay before you leave - with CASH since he's had issues paying me by check. Since I am paid for federal holidays, monday is a paid day as well as yesterday is paid since you told me to expect him in care. I held his spot and did not take drop ins."

Comment

Thanks so much for the advice everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by Dsquared View Post
          He responded with a text of course making me feel like I am being annoying. And I do start to feel bad because I did not work monday, and then the snow on tuesday. But everyone else pays on time and on fridays for the following week. He should be bringing it by this morning before his child gets here.
          I know it's not easy, but TRY to stop internalizing this. Don't let his mood affect yours. If possible I ignore the tantruming behavior by the parent. If it's not I try to address it head on "DCD, you are well aware of my policy regarding payment. I should not have to come to you asking for my paycheck. Furthermore, any instance of late payment and/ or disrespect will result in immediate termination of services."

One of the things I do Instead of letting the parent make me feel bad or guilty, I let myself get ANGRY. I don't go off like a nut, but it does help give me the edge I need to let me get across what I need to. ::

Comment

eeeeeeeeeee

Comment

Is there anyway that they could pay you via Paypal or if you bank at the same bank to transfer the funds? I have 3 families that transfer and 1 family that uses Paypal. That way, there's never an excuse not to bring you a check!

I for sure would not let them pay via check ever again!

Comment

Originally posted by Play Care View Post

One of the things I do Instead of letting the parent make me feel bad or guilty, I let myself get ANGRY. I don't go off like a nut, but it does help give me the edge I need to let me get across what I need to. ::
                This really works! I think it's how I mustered up the courage to use my backbone last week with my dcp's who didn't pay on time! ::

Comment

Originally posted by TaylorTots View Post
                  when dcm brings him:

"I'm sorry but I have had issues getting payment the past few weeks and I'm not sure how well you and your ex husband are communicating, but I can't accept dcb into daycare today as I haven't received payment this week when I was told numerous times I would by now. If you want me to care for him today, YOU will have to write me a check or get dcd here to pay before you leave - with CASH since he's had issues paying me by check. Since I am paid for federal holidays, monday is a paid day as well as yesterday is paid since you told me to expect him in care. I held his spot and did not take drop ins."

I'd also add. I don't appreciate being put in this position.

Comment

Working...
                  X