Please Help! Rash Keeps Reappearing!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Neekie View Post
    the bottom picture, but not so much the one on the top. It looks like that girls rash only more pronounced. I thought it might help if you could see a picture.
    Raise/plateau (allergy) or pin prick (prickly heat) variety? Does it blanch when you press it?
    - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Cat Herder View Post
      Raise/plateau (allergy) or pin prick (prickly heat) variety? Does it blanch when you press it?
      It is the raised/plateau allergy type. These are huge bright, red welts...about the size of a quarter Kind of looks like she has boils all over her arms and legs. I am not sure if they blanch. I did not press on them yet.

Comment

I don't know if this would be related or not, but up until she was about eighteen months old, she had very foul, runny BMs all the time and they were very acidic and burned her skin very bad upon contact. Her parents thought it might a lactose intolerance and so we were giving her lactose-free milk until just a couple of months ago. Now she is back on regular skim milk and no more runny BMs, but now the rash.

Comment

We are a family of milk allergies and for some reason they are worse in the winter for us. If I was them I would immediately remove ALL milk from her diet for 2 months. If in 2 weeks it is better then they know. BUT it can be more than one thing. Ds was Milk and pork fat. Still as an adult he cannot have bacon, pork steaks or fatty pork/
          It:: will wait

Comment

Originally posted by Neekie View Post
            Disposable diapers, but she doesn't have any rash in her diaper area. Only on her face, arms, and legs. And it comes and goes many times in one day and some days it is not there at all.
            Whoops. Just assumed it was a diaper rash. I had a dcg break out in a rash a few weeks ago. It was the laundry soap they were using. The company changed their ingredients

Comment

Originally posted by itlw8 View Post
              We are a family of milk allergies and for some reason they are worse in the winter for us. If I was them I would immediately remove ALL milk from her diet for 2 months. If in 2 weeks it is better then they know. BUT it can be more than one thing. Ds was Milk and pork fat. Still as an adult he cannot have bacon, pork steaks or fatty pork/
              I just talked to the parents and we are going to try removing all dairy from her diet for awhile and see what happens. And craftymissbeth, the parents are going to get all the paperwork from the doctor for me and a statement signed by the doctor that the rash is due to allergies and is not contagious and at this point at least, not life threatening.

Thanks to everyone for all your help and suggestions. I will update later.

Comment

Update on Rash Reappearing

We seem to have narrowed it down to dairy products and /or Sorbitol which is a preservative. So we are making some headway I hope!

Comment

I have found that a combination of melaluca essential oil and coconut oil are great topically to help heal rashes. Aside from that, I would look at diet modification first, and maybe add a probiotic. IMHO, most skin rashes come from an imbalance of healthy bacteria in the gut.

Comment

Working...
                  X