No announcement yet.

Clever!! "Naughty Monkey" To Prevent Toddlers From Climbing Out Of Their Crib

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clever!! "Naughty Monkey" To Prevent Toddlers From Climbing Out Of Their Crib

How clever is this!!! Her price isn't bad, but you really could do it cheaply and easily by yourself on your existing footed pajamas. Do you guys think this would work? Do you see any potential problems it could cause?

http://www.etsy.com/listing/17059984...-shop-header-0

Disclaimer: I am in no way promoting this product. I am not affiliated in any way with the sales of this product. In fact, I encouraged making your own rather than buying.

Here's a picture in case you don't want to click the link.
    Attached Files

Comment

It would work for most kids, I think! I agree, super easy to replicate. If I were her I would patent that baby! I had one dcb who would jump and LAUNCH himself over the pack and play, so not so much him. ::

Comment

I see a lot of problems with it.

you are going to have kids using that piece as a toy the entire time they are in bed. Because it is anchored on two sides of the legs they are going to be able to twist it around their hands and wrists. They are going to sit and run their arms and hands around it and get them entrapped.

Also they are going to stretch it thin. As the material stretches it is going to become more and more pliable. As it becomes stretched out and pliable the kid is going to be able to get it wrapped more tightly around the hands and wrists.

Not a bad idea but she needs to have it go from the crotch seams to the ankles in a triangle and she needs the width of the base to be more narrow.

It's the same concept as having them in a sack just with defined legs and the stop being the center fabric instead of the stop be the outside side of the sack.
        http://www.amazon.com/Daycare-Whispe...=doing+daycare

Comment

Originally posted by nannyde View Post
          I see a lot of problems with it.

you are going to have kids using that piece as a toy the entire time they are in bed. Because it is anchored on two sides of the legs they are going to be able to twist it around their hands and wrists. They are going to sit and run their arms and hands around it and get them entrapped.

Also they are going to stretch it thin. As the material stretches it is going to become more and more pliable. As it becomes stretched out and pliable the kid is going to be able to get it wrapped more tightly around the hands and wrists.

Not a bad idea but she needs to have it go from the crotch seams to the ankles in a triangle and she needs the width of the base to be more narrow.

It's the same concept as having them in a sack just with defined legs and the stop being the center fabric instead of the stop be the outside side of the sack.
          If a kiddo stretched it out enough, they might even be able to get their pretzly little head in there somehow.

I use sleepsacks for climbers, but even then, I had one who could get out....using his arms. Reluctantly, I moved him to a mat and although it took a while, he's doing great with it now.

Comment

Originally posted by Heidi View Post
            If a kiddo stretched it out enough, they might even be able to get their pretzly little head in there somehow.

I use sleepsacks for climbers, but even then, I had one who could get out....using his arms. Reluctantly, I moved him to a mat and although it took a while, he's doing great with it now.
            Yeah the head entrapment would be a concern too because you never know how adept these littles are at contorting their bodies. I've had ones who would sleep sitting up with their mouth on the feet of the footed jammies.

Even if that was unlikely the hand and arm wrapping would be the first obvious concern. When kids are in bed they don't have anything to do.
            http://www.amazon.com/Daycare-Whispe...=doing+daycare

Comment

Wouldn't it be easier to just parent and teach your child to not climb out of their bed?

.... and if they do...(it's dangerous) then just teach them to stay in their beds.

I am continually amazed at the things they come up with so parents can get even lazier.

Comment

Way too many liability issues, IMHO.

Q. Why force a toddler to stay in a crib? If they can climb out are we not supposed to then move them to a more appropriate bedding choice?

I am 99% sure all the warning labels on all infants equipment says do not use unsupervised with children who can climb out. :confused: I am not understanding the need for such a product.

**Get out of my head Blackcat... there is only room for one today. ::::::
                - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

I just use a large sleep sack. No problems with children climbing out here.

Comment

Originally posted by Cat Herder View Post
                    I don't know why but that made me think of this ...

Comment

:::::::::: Marina!

Comment

:: :: ::

Obviously you share my thoughts!!

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
                          :: :: ::

Obviously you share my thoughts!!
                          Quite often, actually... ::::

Remember when these locking cribs were in fashion? The "appropriate" cycles just keep coming don't they?
                          Attached Files
                          - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

they already have something similar on the market.

you can put it on backwards and cover with a sweatshirt and no kid is going to get out of that
                            Last edited by Blackcat31; 01-10-2014, 10:43 AM.

Comment

Quite often, actually... ::::

Remember when these locking cribs were in fashion? The "appropriate" cycles just keep coming don't they?
                              Ugh! They had these a few years ago at a center where I used to work. I was pregnant at the time, and thought, no way is my kid going in that! It looked like a prison with all the cribs in a line- they had like 3-4 rows of them. Parents paid good money for that kind of arrangement, too!

Comment

Working...
                              X