Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are There Regulations To Follow When You Are Not Registered?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are There Regulations To Follow When You Are Not Registered?

From what I understand, in my state, you can have up to 2 kids without being registred and I guess they call it being informal care. I was just wondering though, if there are any rules or regulations that we are suppose to follow or are we just suppose to wing it and make up our own? Like I do not require a health immunzation form, because the state is not watching me or over seeing what I do, but does that mean I do not need one? That was just a example, but ya know, just stuff like that. Anyone know?

That would depend on the state you reside in: https://www.daycare.com/states.html

Comment

well, if you aren't licensed then you don't have to follow the rules set by licensing obviously. technically, you're a "babysitter."

since you are keeping kids on a regular basis though, i think it's smart to still have a contract. you should have a consent form signed by the parent(s) incase of a medical emergency that gives you consent to take them to the doctor. i typed up something and gave consent even for my mother when i went on vacation. it's just smart to cover your bases, but as far as meals, naps, etc - there are no "regulations."
      Last edited by QualiTcare; 10-28-2010, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by QualiTcare View Post
        well, if you aren't licensed then you don't have to follow the rules set by licensing obviously. technically, you're a "babysitter."

since you are keeping kids on a regular basis though, i think it's smart to still have a contract. you should have a consent form signed by the parent(s) incase of a medical emergency that gives you consent to take them to the doctor. i typed up something and gave consent even for my mother when i went on vacation. it's just smart to cover your bases, but as far as meals, naps, etc - there are no "regulations."
        Just because a person isn't licensed does not technically mean you are a "Babysitter". Seriously, I am much more than that....Just like I am sure many many others on here are also. Just because someone is not licensed does not put them in the "Babysitter" category. I run a safe, loving structured environment with a preschool program. I put a lot of time, effort and money into my program, and just because I am not licensed does not put me in the "Babysitter" category. Please.

Comment

I am not registered. In my state I can keep up to 5 kids not including my own before needing to be registered. I follow all the same rules as a registered provider. I also have contracts with clients and tons of paperwork on each family/child. I agree 100% with Mac60.

Comment

Originally posted by mac60 View Post
            Just because a person isn't licensed does not technically mean you are a "Babysitter". Seriously, I am much more than that....Just like I am sure many many others on here are also. Just because someone is not licensed does not put them in the "Babysitter" category. I run a safe, loving structured environment with a preschool program. I put a lot of time, effort and money into my program, and just because I am not licensed does not put me in the "Babysitter" category. Please.
            100% agree!!

i, too, am not licensed and VERY proud i go over and beyond a 'babysitter'

Comment

mac, i wasn't licensed either - by choice. HENCE, the word "technically."

TECHNICALLY, if a person is not licensed, they are held to the same standards as a babysitter. trust me, i got paid much, much more than a babysitter, but in the eyes of the law - if you are not licensed, you are no more than a babysitter - like it or not.

Comment

mac, i wasn't licensed either - by choice. HENCE, the word "technically."

TECHNICALLY, if a person is not licensed, they are held to the same standards as a babysitter. trust me, i got paid much, much more than a babysitter, but in the eyes of the law - if you are not licensed, you are no more than a babysitter - like it or not.
                not true either...i pay taxes just like a licensed provider, claim the same deductions except the food program...I am a daycare provider...its all in how you portray yourself and run your business IMO...and i techincally run a much better program than a lot of so called licensed providers in my area. i just have the freedom of not having the state breathing down my neck for stupid stuff

Comment

Originally posted by BentleysBands View Post
                  not true either...i pay taxes just like a licensed provider, claim the same deductions except the food program...I am a daycare provider...its all in how you portray yourself and run your business IMO...and i techincally run a much better program than a lot of so called licensed providers in my area. i just have the freedom of not having the state breathing down my neck for stupid stuff
                  nobody is denying that - not even me, but legally, u are NOT a daycare provider.

what do you call someone who watches kids that is not a daycare provider? a babysitter.

i'm a licensed teacher who kept children without having a license to run a daycare. i charged more than any daycare in my area that i know of. it doesn't matter that i'm a teacher to the state - if i'm not a licensed DAYCARE then TECHNICALLY, i'm babysitting.

Comment

nobody is denying that - not even me, but legally, u are NOT a daycare provider.

what do you call someone who watches kids that is not a daycare provider? a babysitter.

i'm a licensed teacher who kept children without having a license to run a daycare. i charged more than any daycare in my area that i know of. it doesn't matter that i'm a teacher to the state - if i'm not a licensed DAYCARE then TECHNICALLY, i'm babysitting.
                    whatever u say, i'm not argueing about it

Comment

Seriously, show me where is says that to be a "daycare provider" vs "babysitter" you have to be licensed.

Comment

seriously, you keep forgetting that word "technically."

why do you think these regulations are in place? if they weren't, then EVERYONE could say they were "babysitting" whether they had 1 kid or 15 kids.

in the eyes of the law, if you are not licensed, you are not held to any higher standards than a babysitter is!

i am saying this as a licensed teacher who spent four years of my life in college (i know that'll get to ya) and ran an UNLICENSED "daycare" because i wasn't required to be licensed.

if someone walked in on you as an unlicensed "daycare provider" you would not be held to any higher standards than my sixteen year old niece who was babysitting! except, oh yeah, nobody would walk in on you - or her - bc u aren't licensed and aren't held to any standards!

Comment

Seriously, show me where is says that to be a "daycare provider" vs "babysitter" you have to be licensed.
                          i like this:

Our health conditions page provides comprehensive information on a wide range of health issues, including causes, symptoms, treatments and prevention tips....

Comment

Originally posted by BentleysBands View Post
                            this was the first paragraph of that BLOG you posted - and i wonder if you think it sheds daycare in a positive light?

"Although most daycare facilities will accept babies, they may not be able to give the individual attention that parents hope for. Daycares also typically charge more for a baby than for an older child. The provider will have several children to watch and entertain in a daycare, and your baby may be in a playpen or swing for most of the day, and not carried around as you might do. The possible lack of attention during the day may lead to a fussy or clingy baby in the evening. A babysitter will be able to focus completely on a baby, which may be a better situation."

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/67...#ixzz13kQEB7CQ

not such a good source to support your case.

Comment

it comes down to this mac...if you arent licensed, or just a babysitter your nothing i guess....::

Comment

Working...
                              X