Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everyone Is Getting Crazy..Here Comes The Storm...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everyone Is Getting Crazy..Here Comes The Storm...

Everyone here is getting crazy! We are supposed to have a storm that is going to produce 6-12" of snow. I was about to head out to the grocery store to do my weekly grocery shopping when I saw that people were commenting on FB on how long the lines are and how meat is getting sparse. Awesome! I don't know if I should venture out or not. Target has groceries, maybe people will forget that and no one will be there...maybe?. Should I venture out -I don't know!?

It may be peanut butter and jelly for a few days...

yup! just got a text from DH he's stuck at the grocery store, says it's a madhouse

Comment

Same where I live and I did need a few things-stores were insane! I had to go to 3 stores because they were out of the one thing I really wanted (split peas). I have my heart set on split pea soup tomorrow Every line was open and they were all 10 people deep for checkout, shelves are practically bare!

Comment

Same thing here I have had a couple post pictures from Meijer with completely EMPTY produce sections and milk fridges! I guess they were even handing out cookies in line because people were starting to fight.

Comment

did it start to snow where you're at?

Comment

Same deal going on here too. Meijer's was crazy! Stay warm!

Comment

They're calling for 5 to 10 inches here, but it's still not snowing. I went out at 830 this morning for groceries as usual and the lines were already getting crazy. You would think we were going to be snowed in for a week It tends to get this way even when the forecast is only for a couple of inches too ::.

Comment

Sounds exciting. We're bored out here in California.

Comment

Michael - come to chicago then. Below zero will keep you entertained!

And I have to admit that it didn't even cross my mind to stick up on food. Guessing it's too late to go now. With everything closing and the weather advisories, maybe I will end up with Monday off!

Comment

I just shopped like normal. it wasn't crazy last night (central OH)

BUT then they changed our forecast. Now they aren't sure WHAT we're getting until it gets cold...first they said 8-12 inches, now some sources say "snow showers"

Pssh. We'll be FINE.

Right?

(cue anxiety flare up, wheeee!)
                    Hee hee! Look, I have a signature!

Comment

Our stores were insanity a couple of days ago before we got the snow. I texted dh a list to get on the way home since I was out of milk and bread and had to work the next day.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverSabre25 View Post
                        I just shopped like normal. it wasn't crazy last night (central OH)

BUT then they changed our forecast. Now they aren't sure WHAT we're getting until it gets cold...first they said 8-12 inches, now some sources say "snow showers"

Pssh. We'll be FINE.

Right?

(cue anxiety flare up, wheeee!)
                        My guys are headed your way today (Sunday) so may the roads be good until they are back home this evening
                        There is always food in the house... it just depends on what I want to cook We could do a couple of weeks but we may be having some odd meals!!

Comment

We are supposed to get some nasty weather tonight and into tomorrow morning. I do have to do my regular weekly shopping at some point today, so I guess I'll see how bad it is.

Tomorrow is supposed to be back to school after the break so my kids might have one more day off happyface

Comment

my dogs are loving all this snow

Comment

Last night I drove to Meijer and the parking lot was full to the max so went to Target and there was really nobody there! I think people forget that they have food.

There is quite a bit of snow right now, but they say it'll pick up this afternoon. My dh is a manager at Target and he said people are calling in left and right.

Comment

Working...
                              X