No announcement yet.

Christmas Presents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We paint the inside of the glass ornaments every year as the "keepsake".

Comment

Originally posted by Kimskiddos View Post
      We made clothes pin snowflakes this year. The kiddos enjoyed taking the clothes pins apart and of course all the glitter.

In fact we made a bunch of them and will put them on my cookie boxes for my friends and family.
      love these! I am adding them into my January snow theme

Comment

We are making photo ornaments this year. I took small pieces of wood and had the munchkins paint them with acrylics. Then they got to each look through my file of daycare pics with me and choose their favorites. I printed them out and they got to Modpodge them onto the sides of the wood. Just need to add an eye-screw and a piece of ribbon. They are turning out very sweet.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverSabre25 View Post
          What do you guys do about parent presents if dck has divorced parents? Do you just not worry about it? I usually only make one parent present, rather than one for each parent...
          I have a set of parents who are divorcing. I made 2 ornaments, one for each parent. At first I only made one for mom and then felt bad and had dcb make another one.

Comment

Thanks for the input, those of you who made two for the kids with divorced parents. I was thinking that yesterday but already in enough of a time crunch. I have to redo the project today for DD (who wasn't here yesterday) so I think I will make a second for the two dcbs too. They can give dad the project next time they see him.
            Hee hee! Look, I have a signature!

Comment

Originally posted by SilverSabre25 View Post
              Thanks for the input, those of you who made two for the kids with divorced parents. I was thinking that yesterday but already in enough of a time crunch. I have to redo the project today for DD (who wasn't here yesterday) so I think I will make a second for the two dcbs too. They can give dad the project next time they see him.
              I have two families splitting up, not officially divorced thou papers have been filed. I find it awkward as a provider. One kid asked if it was for one parent or the other and when I proposed the idea to make two every kid wanted to make two then.

I also never know Which parent is picking up so Id have to hold on to the second ornament until I saw the second parent, who knows when.

Comment

The kids did the mistletoes thing on Pinterest. They haven't been opened yet, but my friends thought they were precious.

I only have one able to do crafts. Her mom brought me a package of foam gingerbread men, 1/2 plain and 1/2 sparkly. We did one every day, trying to use something different each time. Most had glitter, because it's Christmas and a 3 yo girl. :: We used buttons on one, stickers, rice, macaroni, chalk, feathers, etc. Then, I stitched 12 of them onto a piece of ribbon and sent home to hang on their mantle. It was really cute.

DCG did the painted insides of a clear ornament. I tried to do an ornament with the boys, but it was a total fail. I tried the one where they grasp the ornament and it becomes snowmen, and I tried the thumb print. Both disasters!!! Both have issues and neither one was willing to have paint on their hands.

I also did 2 batches of cornstarch/soda ornaments. The first batch, done for dcg to give to her cousins and grandparents turned out so cute.

The second batch was for the 1 yo, and I let him "help". They turned out flawed, but cute. Then I started to put hanging ribbons on and realized that in the turmoil of crafting with a 1 year old, I forgot to put holes in them. sigh

Oh, and we made Mrs Steinel's Christmas caterpillars (huge success-thank you) and the spiral tinsel pipecleaners with beads. Sent her home tonight with a bag full of things to add to her tree.

Comment

we did this, but I only found one red apron at hobby lobby,so two are white ones,but still looks good!

Comment

Both of my daycare girls are in school now so I only have them on rare occasions like Thanksgiving break, etc. I had the 4 year old on a Friday week before last because she doesn't have school on Fridays and dad was busy that day (he keeps her on Friday). We made the ornament with the thumbprint and you turn it into a reindeer. They turned out so cute! We made one for their tree and one for mine. Then we made Christmas trees out of green popsicle sticks. I hot glued the sticks together and then we used wood glue and she put buttons on them for decorations.

They are both here today but they are so wound up over Santa coming tomorrow night that there is no use trying to settle them to do much of anything . Mom sent them with a gingerbread house kit for me to do with them but it makes four houses and there is icing, etc. There is no way for them to get it home once it's made and I don't have room for it here. We made big Christmas trees on paper with their hand prints instead but I'm not sure if they will take them home or not since they are BIG!

Comment

Working...
                    X