Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do You Make Out Better Buying The Food Yourself??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do You Make Out Better Buying The Food Yourself??

I am not on the food program, but I was wondering which way I would make out better?

1. Have the parents bring ALL the kids food
    2. Charge an extra $3.00 day for the food
    3. Take the standard daily deduction for food

What do you think??

In all my yrs. of providing daycare, I have always provided all the food, drinks, and snacks. I have it built into my cost. I know there are some places, and some states where daycare do it differently.

Comment

I always provide food I never did nor do the food program I shop at aldis ONLY when I had alot of kids I spent 100 a week now I have a small daycare and only spend 50 a week

Comment

My meals are included here. I keep track of attendance with sign-in sheets, and keep track of who is here for what meals in a meal log and claim the standard rate at the end of the year when I do my taxes. It's almost the same as it was when I was on the food program, just off by a couple of cents for me. You may want to check to see if this would work for you.

Comment

I do as the pp do.

Comment

I am on the food program and do what the pp do.

Comment

Well I normally only do infants, so all the food is supplied by the parents, however one infant that I had for 2 yrs and left is now back PT and I dont know if I should tell the mom to supply me with her food or do use the standard deduction, or add $3 a day for her food, so thats why i was wondering how I would make out better.

Comment

I would just do the standard deduction, it's so easy to track. And you can still charge a flat rate for care and not worry about modifying for days the child may stay home sick, ect.

Comment

Working...
                X