Exersaucer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exersaucer

How long do you keep baby in an exersaucer?

I have been doing it for about an hour/day, because she really loves it.

Is that too long?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

Is that too long?
    Usually, just while I NEED the baby in there (while making lunch, for example, I'll set it up in the kitchen). Most kids don't seem to enjoy spending a lot of time in them. My own child LOVED the jump-a-roo, and used it until he was too big for it. I'd let him in it any time he wanted in, take him out when he was ready.

Comment

Originally posted by Leigh View Post
      Usually, just while I NEED the baby in there (while making lunch, for example, I'll set it up in the kitchen). Most kids don't seem to enjoy spending a lot of time in them. My own child LOVED the jump-a-roo, and used it until he was too big for it. I'd let him in it any time he wanted in, take him out when he was ready.
      Same here.

Comment

Is that too long?
        depends on the age of the child, and how happy the kid seems to be while in there

Comment

Is that too long?
          I can't have baby in a PNP for longer then 30 minutes at a time per regs. But if you mean an hour total throughout the day I think that would be fine as it still leaves plenty of time for tummy/ floor time and napping.

Comment

I am legally unlicensed. The child is 1 year old and it is for a full hour straight. She still gets plenty of floor time and other activities, but seems to really enjoy the exersaucer.

Comment

legally we arent allowed to have it. but shes in a room with 3 1yrs and needs to be in a safe zone sometimes and she loves the jumperoo so if the others are wild and floor isnt an option she goes in it

Comment

I am legally unlicensed. The child is 1 year old and it is for a full hour straight. She still gets plenty of floor time and other activities, but seems to really enjoy the exersaucer.
                The problem is that the excersuacer is not really all that good for her. It can cause physical issues with the legs and back, IIRC. It might be one of those times you have to kind of be the "bad" guy and limit the time spent in it. You can always tell her "This hurts me more then it hurts you!" or "You'll thank me later when you are not walking like you have a horse between your legs as a teenager" ::

Comment

I would put a 1 yr old on the ground, she/he can still enjoy the activities on the Exerciser, from the floor....but no I'm not criticizing you

Comment

Originally posted by Maria2013 View Post
                    I would put a 1 yr old on the ground, she/he can still enjoy the activities on the Exerciser, from the floor....but no I'm not criticizing you

I didn't realize the child was 1. I usually put away infant equipment well before the first birthday.

Comment

Originally posted by Play Care View Post

I didn't realize the child was 1. I usually put away infant equipment well before the first birthday.
                      It seems like a 1 year old would be kinda big for an exersaucer. I suppose the child could be on the smaller side.

Comment

Working...
                      X