Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It Must Be Time For "Worst Gift Ever Received By A DCfamily" Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It Must Be Time For "Worst Gift Ever Received By A DCfamily" Thread!

Maybe we could do best gift and worst gift?

Worst - A little manicure set that came from the dollar store.

Also there was the dad who commented after being late a lot that they were going to have to give me a really good Christmas gift. They gave me a kitchen washcloth and a pot scrubber that year. I hate to think what the regular gift would have been had they not been late all those times!?!

Best gift(s)- movie gift certificates for my whole family, dinner gift card with enough for the whole family, and a spa gift card with enough for a massage!

Worst- a strand of yarn tied to a pinecone. She was dropping off in the morning and saw other parents giving me gifts. I think she thought it was required?? Then she gave it to me at pick up.

Best- a gift card to a salon!

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylife View Post
      Worst- a strand of yarn tied to a pinecone. She was dropping off in the morning and saw other parents giving me gifts. I think she thought it was required?? Then she gave it to me at pick up.

Best- a gift card to a salon!
      The funny thing is, this would be super cute come from a kid!
      Hee hee! Look, I have a signature!

Comment

My best and worst came from the same family, strangely enough.

Best: A book created digitally from some online site. The DCB picked the pictures, and colors on the pictures and created the 'characters' based on the fun things he did at Ms. K's daycare. It went through circle time, lunch time, games, dancing, making play doh, singing, and even had me drinking my coffee, ! He did all the pictures and text himself. It was really stinkin' cute. by far my favorite gift!

Worst: chocolate covered sunflower seeds (eww) and a pepto pink metalic box with yellow stars?

I've received a fair share of awesome gift cards as well. One family always gave me some fun theme'd cards... or spa cards =)

Comment

This is going to sound cold hearted but I would rather not receive homemade gifts from the dckids. I have 3 kids of my own and if I am going to hang ornaments on my tree or around my house it will be from them. Maybe this just comes from doing this for so long.

Comment

Best: $50 gift card to Target

Worst: A box of crunch n' munch. Um...thanks?

Comment

Originally posted by crazydaycarelady View Post
              This is going to sound cold hearted but I would rather not receive homemade gifts from the dckids. I have 3 kids of my own and if I am going to hang ornaments on my tree or around my house it will be from them. Maybe this just comes from doing this for so long.
              I feel about the same way. I have four children and have hard enough time throwing away their old drawings and crafts after they've spent a few weeks out for everyone to see. I don't need more guilt throwing away things from daycare kids!
              I do appreciate they thought of me and don't mind homemade gifts 100% made by the child (a card or picture) , that I can discreetly get rid of at the end if the season but the worst was when a mom made me a picture frame from crayons. I felt obligated to put it out and the dang thing kept falling apart!

Comment

Best gift was a weeks tuition as a bonus, I've received many nice and thoughtful gifts from my dc families.

Worst gift was a tacky and ugly little photo frame (no picture) from the dollar store. I was insulted by this gift and would have preferred nothing at all!

Comment

ITA. Every year I have received framed photos of at least ONE day care kid. Um, I know what your kid looks like, thanks.

It's NOT personal, I really do adore their kids, but I won't put their photos up alongside my own kids and nieces/other family. No way.

Comment

If I am going to be judged by provders about the gift I give, I wont bother getting anything at all.
                    I always figured it was the thought that counts.
                    This thread makes providers seem very materialistic.
                    I follow my daycare ladys rules and policies and am respectful of her and home. I always pay on time too. She always says that is more than enough and shows my appreciation of all she does.

Comment

I have a separate, smaller day care tree for this very reason

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                        If I am going to be judged by provders about the gift I give, I wont bother getting anything at all.
                        I always figured it was the thought that counts.
                        This thread makes providers seem very materialistic.
                        I follow my daycare ladys rules and policies and am respectful of her and home. I always pay on time too. She always says that is more than enough and shows my appreciation of all she does.
                        I knew an unregistered poster was going to chime in with something like this.

Have you ever gotten a terrible gift for anyone ever? Did the thought count to you? Of course it did. No one said the thought didn't count, the thread is just making light of some bad gifts.

Would you like an example of a bad gift I have gotten from my Dh? He gave me Mickey Mouse fleece pjs last year. Because I don't like them I must be such a selfish and materialistic wife, right?

Please. I'm not in the mood for nonsense today.

Comment

Originally posted by Play Care View Post
                          I have a separate, smaller day care tree for this very reason
                          I think that's a great idea!

Comment

Originally posted by CedarCreek View Post
                            I knew an unregistered poster was going to chime in with something like this.

Have you ever gotten a terrible gift for anyone ever? Did the thought count to you? Of course it did. No one said the thought didn't count, the thread is just making light of some bad gifts.

Would you like an example of a bad gift I have gotten from my Dh? He gave me Mickey Mouse fleece pjs last year. Because I don't like them I must be such a selfish and materialistic wife, right?

Please. I'm not in the mood for nonsense today.
                            I got a vacuum cleaner one year from my DH ::

Comment

Originally posted by Play Care View Post
                              I got a vacuum cleaner one year from my DH ::
                              If it was an IRobot I would consider that a good gift! ::

Comment

Working...
                              X