Saving Spots?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saving Spots?

I have never had to deal with this so Im needing some advise. I have a parent that I used to watch DCK but she got laid off and pulled her kid in Aug. She didn't pay me for the spot due to the fact that I decided to shut down until Jan. She contacted me just now, and said " I heard you are filling up fast, please make sure you save ****** spot". I informed her that yes I was full pending on the deadline for the contracts to be turned in. Once the deadline is here, I will know what I have open. She responded with "well I still want the spot for when I find a job. Hopefully its sooner then later".
    She doesn't want to pay me for the spot to hold it. How do I kindly let her know that a PAYING child will go in that spot rather it be her (to hold the spot ) or another child. She came from a center, and knows how it normally works. However she has been with me since I started doing this and we all know that we all make mistakes when we first start out by not really knowing what we are doing and this is the last bad seed I have to deal with. TIA

Originally posted by cara041083 View Post
    I have never had to deal with this so Im needing some advise. I have a parent that I used to watch DCK but she got laid off and pulled her kid in Aug. She didn't pay me for the spot due to the fact that I decided to shut down until Jan. She contacted me just now, and said " I heard you are filling up fast, please make sure you save ****** spot". I informed her that yes I was full pending on the deadline for the contracts to be turned in. Once the deadline is here, I will know what I have open. She responded with "well I still want the spot for when I find a job. Hopefully its sooner then later".
    She doesn't want to pay me for the spot to hold it. How do I kindly let her know that a PAYING child will go in that spot rather it be her (to hold the spot ) or another child. She came from a center, and knows how it normally works. However she has been with me since I started doing this and we all know that we all make mistakes when we first start out by not really knowing what we are doing and this is the last bad seed I have to deal with. TIA
    I would maybe send her an e-mail and just say something like this maybe....

DCP

According to our previous conversation, I am understanding that you wish to re-enroll XX here when you find a job.

As much as I would love to just save her a space, I am financially unable to do so and will either need to permanently fill the space with another child or offer the space to you for $xxx per week.

Please keep in mind that rates are based on enrollment not attendance so paying for the space is the only guarantee that your spot will be available when you need it.

If you should choose to not pay to hold your space, I will gladly place you on my wait list for the first available space that becomes available.

As you know, things change quickly in the child care world and I will not be able to give you any definite timeline as to how long the wait will be for a space.

Please let me know of your decision by tomorrow.

Thank you

Child Care Provider

Comment

I do not save spots for anyone, unless of course I like them a lot and I know exactly when they will start care

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
        I would maybe send her an e-mail and just say something like this maybe....

DCP

According to our previous conversation, I am understanding that you wish to re-enroll XX here when you find a job.

As much as I would love to just save her a space, I am financially unable to do so and will either need to permanently fill the space with another child or offer the space to you for $xxx per week.

Please keep in mind that rates are based on enrollment not attendance so paying for the space is the only guarantee that your spot will be available when you need it.

If you should choose to not pay to hold your space, I will gladly place you on my wait list for the first available space that becomes available.

As you know, things change quickly in the child care world and I will not be able to give you any definite timeline as to how long the wait will be for a space.

Please let me know of your decision by tomorrow.

Thank you

Child Care Provider

Thanks you!

Comment

It sounds like you do not want them so I would ignore it and when she calls I would just say I am sorry I filled all the openings months ago.
          It:: will wait

Comment

Working...
          X