Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rash, Should I Ask Mom?

Hi All,

DCB has a rash on his torso and legs, and I'm wondering if I should contact Mom or be concerned? He had a rough weekend, took a spill at home and needed 6 stitches above his eye, so I'm wondering if this is just a reaction to one of the medicines they gave him? She did not mention a rash upon drop off but it looks like it's been there a couple of days? Pic included, can you let me know what you'd do? Thanks!
    Attached Files

Looks like hives to me. I'd call mom and see if she's noticed it. And get her to check to see if they gave him any meds at the hospital. She may want to call the pediatrician and see about an anti histamine rash cream.

It's not fiery red so that's a good sign. But I'd DEFINATELY watch for any redness or eye/mouth swelling just in case.

Comment

cant be sure but almost looks raised like an exzema break out?

Comment

Im not a doctor or anything but it looks like hives to me

Comment

When we had Hand, Foot, and Mouth over here, it looked like that on some of the kids.

Call the mom!!

Good luck.

Comment

I call parents to request pick up any time a child has an unidentified rash. I would also not allow the child back to day care without a note from the dr. stating that the rash is not contagious.

Comment

Originally posted by e.j. View Post
              I call parents to request pick up any time a child has an unidentified rash. I would also not allow the child back to day care without a note from the dr. stating that the rash is not contagious.

I don't ever try diagnosing and guessing what dck's have, especially rashes. So many different illnesses and reactions out there that produce rashes that look similar.

Comment

It looks like Roseola to me, but like pp's said, many rashes look the same.

Comment

She said it was dry skin, as he has sensitive skin? These are good parents, not sneaky ones. He gets his stitches out tomorrow I may suggest they have the Dr. take a peek at it, just to be sure and see if there's anything to help with the severe dry skin. She just said that he's had it for a week, and her older son had the same thing when he was little. (He wasn't here during the holiday time, so yesterday was the first time I saw anything)

Comment

Call the mom. I would. How would the mom not notice that. I always get concerned when its any kind of rash.

Comment

Working...
                    X