Do You Buy Presents For Kids?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do You Buy Presents For Kids?

I have in the past- I stay around the $15 range per kid.

This year I have several new kids, so parents won't be expecting presents. Would it be bad if I don't purchase presents this year? I honestly would rather take that $15 per kid and sink it into the daycare, buying toys and supplies. I'm just wondering if I would feel awkward if they get me a present and I don't get them anything in return.

Originally posted by Malmom View Post

This year I have several new kids, so parents won't be expecting presents. Would it be bad if I don't purchase presents this year? I honestly would rather take that $15 per kid and sink it into the daycare, buying toys and supplies. I'm just wondering if I would feel awkward if they get me a present and I don't get them anything in return.
    My FCC program takes a family from the Angel Tree and the dcp buy gifts for this fam. I buy the dck a gift. This year, they are getting T-shirts with my dc logo on it and a homemade crochet toboggan... Sometimes we go after christmas and get some gifts that are priced down as well for the next year....like we got these t-shirts for a $1 and used them this year. My aunt has the machine to put the logo on. I love to find bargains.

Comment

I have skipped it some years, but I usually do buy them a little something. Usually in the $10 range. This year I am down a few kids (2 just left in the last 2 weeks) so I don't have many to buy for.

Comment

Originally posted by Malmom View Post

This year, I took all the kids to get their picture with Santa and I used my camera. I am sending he free print home with each family and using the digital for something special. My two parents with five kids total can't afford professional pictures of their kids so I'm going to give each family an enlarged print of the kids.

Then I got each kid a book. And I'm making each kid a throw and a matching pillow with their name on it with fabric I already had.
        We adopted two families this year also.

I did but my special daycare girls and her infant brother a few things because I know mom can't afford to buy more than three presents total for them this year. And a very sweet member of this board is helping. And another very sweet member sent a happy box a few months ago so the kids would have some warmer clothes since they had NOTHING. Literally for winter.

Comment

I only have a couple, so I get a couple little things, like an ornament theyd like and some candy or snacks in a stocking. I do about $10 as well..

Comment

I do about $10/ kid as well. Every year I get a book and some sort of craft. This year it's a book and art supply kit.

Comment

This year I got my dcks each a coloring book and crayons and I bought neat ornaments to put each kids picture in to give to their parents. I also bought some neat foam ornament kits for each kid to make and give to their parents.

Comment

I buy presents. About $25-$30 per kid. I think maybe I spend too much,but my parents pay me a lot more than the other daycares in my area charge, so I feel like I need to get them something more.

Comment

This is my first Christmas with the daycare and I am buying presents. Everyone's gift is around $25.

Comment

I usually buy each child a book and that's it. I spend less than $5 per child. With two young children of my own and a large family, we just don't have it. While we do deduct it off taxes it still shelling out the cash upfront.

Comment

I spent about $10-$12 on each child's gift (the boys got a Jake and the Neverland Pirates guitar and the girls got a fisher price tea set), and then they are making 2 keepsake type gifts for their parents.

Comment

Originally posted by Play Care View Post
                        I usually buy each child a book and that's it. I spend less than $5 per child. With two young children of my own and a large family, we just don't have it. While we do deduct it off taxes it still shelling out the cash upfront.
                        This is what I do also. I buy 2-3 books from Scholastic per child and rarely go over $5.00.

Comment

I have 12 daycare kids. Instead I require the kids to each bring an item to donate to a designated charity.

I want the kids to learn to give as well as receive.

I do plan some really fun seasonal activities for them so they definitely don't miss out on the fun of the holidays!

Comment

Last year I had the kids pose for pictures as a group/individual and bought clear plastic ornaments from Walmart for $1 each, bought some red and green tinsel and had their pictures printed and posted on the inside of the ornaments with clear glue dots. One side individual and other side group with the tinsel in the middle, I put a cute bow on each one and they turned out super cute! We do lots of other little crafts throughout the season. I also give a nice hard covered book and sign it (Knuffle bunny, Spiderman - whatever they're interested in), and I create an annual DVD with the kids pictures as a slideshow set to music with their friends and a 'blooper' video section. All together it probably comes out to around $10/kid... and all my time to do the DVD project.

Comment

I spend $10/kid for a small present. Usually I buy them a classic book.

Comment

Working...
                              X