Christmas Is So Close!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TwinKristi View Post
    This is actually something I've been thinking about... I have a family who's been here over a year but pulling their 23 month old to attend Jr Preschool. They've scheduled their last day to be the 20th, even though I'm open the 23rd which I know is to avoid paying for my time off on the 25th. I would normally buy gifts for the DCKs but I almost feel like since they're leaving before Christmas that they shouldn't get a gift! They've really left me in a bind considering our prior communications always were him leaving to go to preschool at 2.5-3.5, not before he's even 2! They gave me lots of notice, but it was still a huge shock. I haven't been able to fill his spot either.

For the one DCB I do have here I was going to buy something small, like PJs or a book or a little Duplo Lego set to go with the one I bought for his bday.
    I have TWO families leaving right before Thanksgiving for the same reasons, "since I'm closed Thurs&Fri anyway". I guess the good thing about having so few kids for xmas is I don't have to do much. I will probably just make a craft with them to give their parents (they are all under 2) and that's it. So not in the spirit this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
      Here you go! I stole this idea from Lianne lovethis

Hot Cocoa:
      Nothing says Valentine's day like a heart shaped box of chocolates! That was my inspiration for our latest batch of playdough. Valent...

Gingerbread (and the pic inspired the whole idea)
      When I was little, my Mom and I used to make playdough.  I used to pick the colors, and I had a blast creating with my dough.  Fast forward ...

Candy Cane aka peppermint
      http://playandlearnwithdana.blogspot...playdough.html
      Thanks a bunch! I can't wait to make it, hopefully this time the playdough turns out....

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
        I plan on using those take and toss type snack containers. Similar to these:

or these:

and then using fancy Christmas ribbon to attach a Christmas themed cookie cutter.
        Awesome idea! lovethis

Comment

I am making a 'Preschool Yearbook' full of pictures from the last year and will give a copy to each family. I will be using free or reduced price codes for these

I am a Disney FANATIC (am actually a travel agent for them in my 'spare' time!) so each of my littles will get a small Disney plush and a book. I buy the plush and books throughout the year when they are on sale.

Comment

I hope you don't mind if I steal the playdough idea, too ... that is TOO cute! And nice and cheap. Maybe I'll put together a little kit of play-dough scissors and a rolling pin with it as well.

Comment

Working...
            X