Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Would You Feel About/Handle This Situation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Would You Feel About/Handle This Situation?

I have been providing care a little over 4 years. With my first client I made the mistake of becoming friends which turned into them wanting "special". After that ended badly, I decided not to mix business and personal life.

Well, at the moment I only care for 2 families. I have gone to each of their birthday parties, but keep my distance as far as becoming "friends". The problem now is that the moms of the kids have become very close all of the sudden. They go to gym classes together, parties, dinner, etc.

It had started to bother me because when the kids come to my house talking about hanging out all weekend, it makes my kids feel bad and they ask why weren't they invited.

How do/would you feel/handle this?

You can't have it both ways. It wouldn't really bother me. I don't mix business/friendships either. If they have become friends, it is what it is...you can't really do anything about that.

Comment

Yea I agree. I guess I was just asking how other people would handle it. And any advice on how to explain that to my kids.

Comment

How old are your kids?

Comment

Originally posted by DaycareMom View Post
          I have been providing care a little over 4 years. With my first client I made the mistake of becoming friends which turned into them wanting "special". After that ended badly, I decided not to mix business and personal life.

Well, at the moment I only care for 2 families. I have gone to each of their birthday parties, but keep my distance as far as becoming "friends". The problem now is that the moms of the kids have become very close all of the sudden. They go to gym classes together, parties, dinner, etc.

It had started to bother me because when the kids come to my house talking about hanging out all weekend, it makes my kids feel bad and they ask why weren't they invited.

How do/would you feel/handle this?
          I would just say "Sally and Timmy's parents are friends and some times they get together on the weekends." I would be as nonchalant as possible and treat it like the non issue it is. That said, if Sally and Timmy were bragging about what they did or gloating, then that would be handled the same way any of that behavior is.
          On a side note, it was very important for me that my own kids have a life outside of dc. This was why preschool was a MUST. It was important for me that my kids have friends of *their* choosing, not just because they were stuck at dc with them. If you haven't already it may be time to start arranging play dates for your kids so they won't be as bothered by what other kids do on their weekends.

Comment

Working...
          X