Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Number One Most Annoying Thing In Business?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by countrymom View Post
    I think what bothers me the most, is how little parents want to spend time with kids.

this weekend, I had one family call another family to ask if thier kids could play together because mom was out and dad didn't know what to do with them
    another family picks up after 5pm and puts them to bed at 730pm, acually I have 2 families like this.
    I think this is the biggest eye opener ever, and yet here I sit to be home with my kids so I can be with them.
    . I had to call in sick last week due to my son vomiting the night before. So dcm stayed home with the kids for the day then drops them off the next morning explaining how daddy let them stay up late cause she wasn't home, so she's sorry if they're cranky.
    They had to switch out. Her daughter is also the one that asks every day what time mommy is coming. There are many days I need a break, don't get me wrong. But an unexpected day home...take advantage of it with your children.

Comment

Originally posted by blandino View Post
      Parents who can't seem to grasp that I have multiple children to care for.
      i.e. the DCM who was shocked that I didn't go into the bathroom with her 3.5 year old to make sure he puts his pull-up on correctly. That would mean me leaving 7 kids alone to ago assist a child with something he should be perfectly capable of doing by himself.

On the same note, Parents who don't have high enough expectations for the children. And parents who would rather save time and do things for their children rather than teach them how to do them.
      I don't own my own DC and this drives me crazy.

Comment

My FCC Director who lies and is harassing me.

Comment

Originally posted by Familycare71 View Post
          ^^^^ . All of it!!!

Right now it is varied drop offs... I would like to start my day and not sit in holding pattern until you decide to drop your kid off!! A reminder note will be going out soon!

Also a specific one... I had a mom pull her pt SA and ft pre-schooler to stay home with grandma (who didnt even want them!) and went on and on and on! about how sad she was they wouldn't be here and how she would bring them if there was any possible way... Blah blah blah- apparently the financial hardship was she wanted a new car!!!
          holding pattern....that describes it perfectly. i would rather have kids dropped off at the crack of dawn than be waiting for people to show up at 10.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
            diapers/diaper changing. ANYTHING diaper related.

That is the ONLY part of the day that I cannot "fake" enjoyment or even willingness of any kind.

that is how i feel about spoon feeding. i hate spoon feeding daycare kids. i really dont mind the diapers beside two specific past kids that had seriously foul diapers. unbelievably disgusting.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
              Maybe for the being paid on time problem you could have a folder that goes home with kiddos on Thursday night, ( if your pay day is Fri.) , and have some info about what is happening next week, ( field trips, lunch menu, crafts you are planning) and have a " parents homework" sheet. You could include in that page : Bring old t- shirt for messy craft on Monday, next week we are covering the letter M, have Johnny bring a small item that tarts with M . Tuition for next week is due Friday, please enclose a check with Johnny`s folder tomorrow. I don't know how it will work, but mom or dad may write the check out that evening and bring it with the folder the next day. One can hope...
              no thats too much work. i just turn away from the door. do that one time and parents never forget again

Comment

#1 Being Micro-Managed & Blackmailed by the State with no Benefits or Common Civil Rights.
                - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

Working...
                X