Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

At What Age Do You Move From Highchair To Child-Sized Chair?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I started transitioning them between 14-18 months. I started putting them at the table starting out on the 'easier' not so messy meals/ snacks. I usually still had one meal or snack during the day where messier foods were served that they were in the high chairs for. That way i could make sure they were cleaned up before they got up.

Comment

I have child-sized tables and chairs. Now all my kids are 2 and up, but I started with everyone under 3. Infants ate on my lap until they could sit up securely on their own, then they went into a chair. If they needed a little help staying up on it, I'd use a seatbelt sort of thing someone gave me--just a nice wide quilted fabric thing with velcro. And I sat beside them. (Obviously, I only had one lap-sitter enrolled at a time.)

Comment

At our center, when they move into the toddler room at approx 18 months. We do have one booster seat like BC for a child who is developmentally ready to move up, but still too small/uncoordinated to sit in the child sized chairs.

Comment

I also don't go by an age but more when I think they are ready. Typically around 12 months, and I sit with them at meals and reinforce we don't walk around with food, etc. It is a lot of work in the beginning but worth it to have all our furniture child sized. If they aren't in a regular chair I have a travel type highchair that attaches to the child sized table so it still has them at the table with the class but offers more safety. Right now all my kids are in child sized chairs ages 10m to 31m. Our chairs are very low for their ages.

Comment

Working...
          X