Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When You Were Totally Embarassed In Front of a DCparent

I thought this might be fun!

Mine (well, one of them) would be the morning I flipped on the lights in the dc room but I didn't actually go in there until I followed the first dcd in. There, right in the middle of the room, was the present my dog had apparently left for me. Now I always give the room a once over first thing!

I can totally relate! More than once I have found surprise "cat squeezins" on the windowsill. A lovely sight for parents approaching the house, I'm sure.

Comment

When I first started out I had a tension gate in the hall before the foyer as I hadn't gated my stairs yet. I usually would lift the child over the gate when their parent arrived. One day the girl I lifted over decided to kick her legs out for fun and it made me trip (with her!) over the gate. I fell flat out She was fine and thought it was fun. I wanted to crawl into a hole. We gated the stairs the next day and removed that gate

Comment

I had gone upstairs to pee while the kids were napping. I didn't flush b/c the baby is a light sleeper. I just closed the door and came downstairs. At p/u a few hrs later, the baby's dad asked to use my restroom. First time he's ever asked, Forgot about the full unfushed toilet.

Comment

When my DS was younger and potty training a DCF was dropping off and there he was...outside peeing off the porch

Comment

I had to term a screamer. All the kids I cared for including my own daughter hated the screaming and would complain about this baby. When she heard me giving the mom noticed she jumped up and down started singing about how hapy she was the baby was not going to continue coming here anymore. I apoligised and got onto my daughter about how rude that was to say things like that in front of daycare parents. She was 4 or 5 at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Holiday Park View Post
              I had to term a screamer. All the kids I cared for including my own daughter hated the screaming and would complain about this baby. When she heard me giving the mom noticed she jumped up and down started singing about how hapy she was the baby was not going to continue coming here anymore. I apoligised and got onto my daughter about how rude that was to say things like that in front of daycare parents. She was 4 or 5 at the time.
              Lol! That would be so embarrassing!

Comment

Originally posted by Holiday Park View Post
                My ds did the SAME thing when I terminated a very aggressive child. "YAY! NOW RYLIE CAN'T HIT ME ANYMORE!" I just shrugged in front of the Mom, but did tell ds it was rude after she left.

Comment

I have a huggy group of kids. One day in front of a dcd my dcb pulled down my shirt (it was a boat neck, nothing revealing) and said "WOW, nice top underpants ****!" Yup flashed a dcd. It's been MONTHS and he still can't look me in the eye.

Comment

Last year when one of my dcbs was attending K, he came on a day when school was closed. I'd had him since he was 4 months old, knew what a handful he could be. So when he greeted the 2 dcgs and their mom at the door and said
                    "watch this" I should have been prepared for pretty much anything. But he still managed to shock me when he pulled his pants and underwear down.

Comment

I'm majorly into the Sims 3 and usually when a new expansion pack comes out I wake up early to play before the kids come or I stay up late playing after they leave. It's a major relaxation tool for me. While we were preparing to expand and the addition was being built we were doing daycare down in the finished basement, where the "good" computer is. That Tuesday "The Sims 3: Seasons" came out. My DH went to Target on his lunch and brought it home from work (he came about 7 PM) for me. I played from the time I got the kids in bed at 8:30 until about 3 AM when DH finally came and dragged me to bed. I simply saved and went to bed, forgetting somehow to save and close. The game played on without me. I overslept the next morning and awoke to my phone ringing, my first parent was calling to tell me they were outside. I stumbled down there and opened the door, barely awake and certainly not noticing that the game was still on. As I was letting them in we hear the sounds of my Sims "procreating" in surround sound. Awesome. I was mortified on so many levels. Now I play the game solely on my laptop.

Comment

When I first opened, one of my dcb's and his mom were in my family room dropping off. It was his first day so the mom stayed for a while. All of a sudden my dog comes running in and knocked over 3 kids like they were bowling pins-in front of dcm...I was so embarrassed! The mom laughed and said it was ok and dcb thought it was the funniest thing. My dog gets very excited and loves people, he just wanted kisses.... I thought he was put up, but obviously wasn't.

Once a dcb took her child to the bathroom when they arrived because I was in the kitchen and didn't hear them come in. Well I had all of our shower stuff on the floor, my pj's on the floor, and the vanity was a mess. I usually clean up, but we had a shower pole/caddy that had rusted out and it fell that morning and I didn't have time to clean up. Not that embarrassing, but it was for me. My house is usually pretty clean.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                          The game played on without me. I overslept the next morning and awoke to my phone ringing, my first parent was calling to tell me they were outside. I stumbled down there and opened the door, barely awake and certainly not noticing that the game was still on. As I was letting them in we hear the sounds of my Sims "procreating" in surround sound. Awesome. I was mortified on so many levels. Now I play the game solely on my laptop.
                          Sorry, but I am cracking up!

Comment

my kids had a bead maze out one today when a dcf came in, i turned to his dcg cubby to graab her lovey and jacket when i turned back around i tripped on it and sent myself sprawling at his feet.

Comment

Holiday Park, your post reminded me of the time a dcmom was picking up and my young son informed her that her son ate dog food. Yes, he did get into the dog food bowl but I probably wasn't going to mention it!

Also one time I was talking to a parent when 4yo dcb (who was a little boob obsessed) just reached up and tweaked my boob. I was so shocked. WTH? Good thing I love the little guy!

Comment

Working...
                              X