Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

At What Age Do You Require DCKS To Wipe Their Own Bums?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was actually going to post a question about this. My almost 2 1/2yr old is fully potty trained. She's been getting horrible rashes. She is super small for her age-still fitting in some 18mo stuff- and I worry that she really can't reach well, but I want her to be independent.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      I was actually going to post a question about this. My almost 2 1/2yr old is fully potty trained. She's been getting horrible rashes. She is super small for her age-still fitting in some 18mo stuff- and I worry that she really can't reach well, but I want her to be independent.
      Unless her arms are proportionately much shorter than they should be she should be able to reach. Kids always think they can't but they just need to learn how to bend! Practice, practice, practice makes perfect

Comment

Get her some of the moist wipes and teach her to throw them in the trash (provide one close.) She will figure it out.
        Once she is proficient and stops getting the rashes, you can transition back to toilet paper. You might want to consider she is allergic to your toilet paper if it starts up again.

Comment

Once they are potty trained I don't help. I don't check their bottoms to see if they are doing a good job nor do I help them in any way. If a parent were to come to me and say their child was having a problem I would tell them to spend time teaching them at night and on the weekends or to feed them more fiber.

Comment

At this age/stage of pt, I would have them wipe and then I "check" their work to see if they need to wipe more. I also agree with using the wet wipes, though I make sure I am there to dole them out. Like others have mentioned, practice makes perfect

Comment

I don't wipe them if they are potty trained. I follow them in and leave some toilet paper on the counter for them. The toilet paper is kept up because I'm terrified someone will throw the entire roll in the toilet!!

Comment

Working...
              X