Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scan Thermometer Question

I bought this one

Am I supposed to take the cover off or leave it on? With it on, the temps are around 96.8 but with them off they are close to 100.

I hope they are supposed to be on.....otherwise all my kids are sick and have almost high enough temps to have to go home. Hmmmmm...day off?

I'd really like to know though......

It says probe covers not required on the link. Did you try it on yourself? Do you have a 2nd type of thermometer to see what that says?

Comment

I use mine with no probe cover, and find it to be as accurate as my mercury thermometer.

Comment

Take off the clear cover so the blue part is on the forehead.

Comment

I have one JUST like that. Awesome thermometer!!

The clear cover is just to protect the sensor. You HAVE to remove it to get an accurate temperature.

And I use mine without any disposable cover and just clean the sensor between uses.

Comment

Definitely take the cap off. Maybe you got a defective one, though? I have the same one and when I have accidentally forgotten to take the cap off, I get temps in the 70s.

Comment

Figured it out!!!!!! I found this online:

My TemporalScanner seems to read high.
              Your TemporalScanner is measuring core body temperature, which is about 1°F (0.5°C) higher
              than an oral temperature and 2°F (1°C) higher than an underarm temperature. Core body
              temperature is the operating temperature in deep structures of your body (e.g. liver and other
              organs) versus simply the peripheral or surface tissue. Core body temperature has traditionally
              been measured rectally; however, your TemporalScanner provides a comparable and accurate
              measurement.

Comment

Working...
              X