Ahhhh The Sound Of Silence!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ahhhh The Sound Of Silence!

So today I took the kiddos to our local pumpkin patch. It's a little family ran farm that has been here for ages and I take them every year around this time. The kids had so much fun! They have a little petting zoo, pumpkin maze, pond and lots of other things for the kids to do. We played for a few hours then sat down and had our picnic lunch. After lunch I let each child choose a pumpkin (which we will paint once they awake from nap) then we paid and left. No joking over half of my kids were asleep before we even left the parking lot and the other half was asleep by the time we made it back to daycare. All though I'm very serious about loving the sound of silence right about now....I have to say that it is days like today that make all of those stressful, chaotic days not seem so bad. The looks on the kids faces were priceless!

I see you are in California. We are getting a rare day of rain today in the Santa Barbara area. How about you? I think we've had over 360 days of sun. While its nice, we still need the rain.

Comment

Originally posted by April View Post
      So today I took the kiddos to our local pumpkin patch. It's a little family ran farm that has been here for ages and I take them every year around this time. The kids had so much fun! They have a little petting zoo, pumpkin maze, pond and lots of other things for the kids to do. We played for a few hours then sat down and had our picnic lunch. After lunch I let each child choose a pumpkin (which we will paint once they awake from nap) then we paid and left. No joking over half of my kids were asleep before we even left the parking lot and the other half was asleep by the time we made it back to daycare. All though I'm very serious about loving the sound of silence right about now....I have to say that it is days like today that make all of those stressful, chaotic days not seem so bad. The looks on the kids faces were priceless!
      Sounds like a great day!

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
        I see you are in California. We are getting a rare day of rain today in the Santa Barbara area. How about you? I think we've had over 360 days of sun. While its nice, we still need the rain.
        I'm still waiting for the rain! If it blows past us I'll be so mad.

Comment

Yes, I was a bit worried about the rain with this trip scheduled. However, I got lucky and it slightly rained around 6:00am..... just enough to get the ground wet. By the time we got to the farm it was cold and windy but the sun was out. By the time we left all sweatshirts were off. Ended up being 75 today....

Originally posted by Michael View Post

Comment

Working...
          X