Minute Menu, Spreadsheets and Food Program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minute Menu, Spreadsheets and Food Program

Hello all! I'm new to the forum and to the daycare world. I'm in Maryland and I just received word that I have passed all inspections and that my license is I'm the mail.

I'm thinking of using Minute Menu on my iPad/iPhone to track attendance and all but I was also thinking of using a spreadsheet to pre-plan my menu for the week/month. What are your thoughts on using both of these methods simultaneously? Will this assist with keeping me organized and keeping accurate records?

Also, if there is anyone here from Maryland and can offer any info on the food program here that would be extremely awesome and helpful.

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum. How did you find us?

I've included some tags at the bottom of this page that may help from our previous threads.
    Last edited by Michael; 10-03-2013, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Welcome!

Minute menu also has menu planning included so you may want to experiment with the options it offers. It may be easier for you to use minute menus exclusively...

Comment

Originally posted by iRadiateLove View Post
        Hello all! I'm new to the forum and to the daycare world. I'm in Maryland and I just received word that I have passed all inspections and that my license is I'm the mail.

I'm thinking of using Minute Menu on my iPad/iPhone to track attendance and all but I was also thinking of using a spreadsheet to pre-plan my menu for the week/month. What are your thoughts on using both of these methods simultaneously? Will this assist with keeping me organized and keeping accurate records?

Also, if there is anyone here from Maryland and can offer any info on the food program here that would be extremely awesome and helpful.

Thanks!
        I'd love to help you anyway I can, please email me on my personal email. [email protected]

Comment

Sept. is the first month after I was licensed that I will be claiming on the food program. I have an I-pad and was told MMenu is NOT apple compatable ;-(

Comment

Originally posted by LK5kids View Post
            Sept. is the first month after I was licensed that I will be claiming on the food program. I have an I-pad and was told MMenu is NOT apple compatable ;-(
            True. (i got rid of my apple products) Apparently there's another program you can pay for that will allow you to run MMK on apple.

Comment

These software programs allow you to use Windows programming on a Mac and/or other Apple products.

Download Parallels to run Windows on Mac, Chrome, gain access to virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) with DaaS, & Toolbox to secure private files, & more.

Don’t buy a Windows license, don’t reboot or use a virtual machine until you try CrossOver for Mac, Linux, or ChromeOS. Download a free 14 day trial now and get your Windows apps running on Mac and Linux.

Here are step by step instructions for installing and running MMK on your Apple products...

Don’t buy a Windows license, don’t reboot or use a virtual machine until you try CrossOver for Mac, Linux, or ChromeOS. Download a free 14 day trial now and get your Windows apps running on Mac and Linux.

and a youtube video showing you how to do it

Minute Menu Kids, the software used by 30,000 family child care providers across the US in available on Mac with CrossOver! Now Mac users can record menus an...

and other threads about providers using MMK on their Apple products

Is the program compatable with an IMac? I remember seeing in a post about using an iPad for check in/out? What was that program? I am finding it hard with my iMac not being compatible with dc related things but I sure love it. I hated my PC. Also any food programs work with iMac? The one I found doesn't and makes me

Michael I hope this is okay! My food program lady came out today and told me about a DH who found a work around for MAC users and MMK. I had him install his magic on my iMac and I now have access to MMK. No need to switch to windows, it runs right from the MAC OS. :D He accesses your computer remotely so anyone nationwide can

Hope that helps

Comment

Working...
              X