Marker On Dry Erase Board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marker On Dry Erase Board

The girls got the regular markers out and wrote all over the large dry erase board. (They were using the dry erase markers and grabbed the regular ones when I turned my back to make lunch.) The dry erase cleaner is not taking it off. Any ideas on how to clean it off?

Mr Clean eraser?

Those things remove anything

Comment

When that happened here, I used Bon Ami on a damp soft cloth. Quartet makes a whiteboard cleaner/conditioner that is a little gritty, that might do it. I don't know if Magic Eraser would work without taking the shiny finish off, but it wouldn't hurt to try it. It's already ruined right??

Comment

I know you can get permanent marker off of a dry erase board by drawing over it with the dry erase marker and then...well, erasing! Quick fix Hope that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by ShyMommy View Post
          I know you can get permanent marker off of a dry erase board by drawing over it with the dry erase marker and then...well, erasing! Quick fix Hope that helps.

This is a good solution. I've used it before.
          Homeschooling Mama to:
          lovethis
          dd12
          ds 10
          dd 8

Comment

Hand sanitizer will also pull it off

Comment

White board cleaner will get it off. I used to use it all the time in my former job.

Comment

Originally posted by AmyLeigh View Post
                White board cleaner will get it off. I used to use it all the time in my former job.
                Nope, I tried two different brands and neither one worked.

Comment

I have a dry erase chore chart that I use sharpie markers on and when I need to change the chores (not very often) magic eraser always works just fine.

Comment

This

Comment

Some jerk wrote with permanent marker on the dry erase board, and also regular Crayola marker (same jerk). The above fix definitely works.

Comment

use wd-40

Comment

alcohol might work

Comment

hairspray

Comment

Baby Wipes, seriously work for that type of surface and markers.

Comment

Working...
                              X