Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Girls and Wiping...Can Someone Explain Why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Girls and Wiping...Can Someone Explain Why?

I started with all boys, then it slowly switched to all girls. Can someone please explain to me why the girls wipe their "front" then they wipe their bottom even though they didn't poop, all while using the same piece of toilet paper? The 3 girls that I've had all do it the same exact way! I try to correct them, but I think it falls on deaf ears. Are parents confused about wiping front to back and they think they need to teach the girls to wipe front and back and use one thing of toilet paper? Does anyone else have a girl that wipes like this?

YES!!! and I hate it! I teach them to wipe from behind. not the front. I think alot of parents just figure get it done, However,...I mean there are some who are almost as ocd about washing hands as I am but not very many. I am reallllly bad,.. when most of my kids get here we potty at arrival, and I WASH THEIR HANDS, because I know some of them havent been washed since I did it after pm snack the day before. I think its the same with potty wiping, they figure if they wipe themselves,.. parent doesnt have to.

Originally posted by kitkat View Post
    I started with all boys, then it slowly switched to all girls. Can someone please explain to me why the girls wipe their "front" then they wipe their bottom even though they didn't poop, all while using the same piece of toilet paper? The 3 girls that I've had all do it the same exact way! I try to correct them, but I think it falls on deaf ears. Are parents confused about wiping front to back and they think they need to teach the girls to wipe front and back and use one thing of toilet paper? Does anyone else have a girl that wipes like this?

Comment

My large complaint is that my dd stands to wipe - at this point she's dribbled down her leg and likely on the floor as well. Drives me batty!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sbschildcare View Post
        my large complaint is that my dd stands to wipe - at this point she's dribbled down her leg and likely on the floor as well. Drives me batty!!!
        yes yes yes!!!!!

Comment

I have a 4 yr old dcg who was potty trained already before coming here at 3 so I never "monitor" what they are doing in the bathroom so unless I'm helping potty train I don't see how they wipe and everything has been fine for 9 mo UNTIL about 3 weeks ago, there was poop everywhere, it was so disgusting. On the toilet paper roll, on the seat, on the counter I about puked. So now I do watch her now and she wipes the same way. Other girls I've potty train do too, I really know know why either.

Comment

I am STILL training my own daughter, and she does this too, even though I've taught her to just go one way! I realized though, that at the same time I was showing her, I was telling her to "get the drips", and sure enough, the drips were making their way to the back. Now she just does it automatically. I'm not sure how to break her of it, except to just keep reminding her ...
            www.WelcomeToTheZoo.ca

Comment

I have two girls of my own and they do that too. I've tried correctly them over and over but they still do it. Not sure why. They also do the standing thing.

Comment

Originally posted by WImom View Post
                I have two girls of my own and they do that too. I've tried correctly them over and over but they still do it. Not sure why. They also do the standing thing.
                Exactly the same thing here.

Comment

well, it's really not going to hurt anything if they wipe their bottom after the front. it can cause infections if they do the opposite or wipe back to front. they'll figure it out - they're learning. if it's not going to hurt them, and it won't, i wouldn't worry about it.

Comment

Working...
                  X