DCKs That Attend Preschool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DCKs That Attend Preschool

I received a call from the mom of a 3 yo boy who goes to preschool 5 mornings a week. Would you charge fulltime? I usually do but I've never had any that went 5 mornings, it's usually 3-4. I need to talk with her further tonight when I have time. Kids were in the middle of painting when she called today.

I always have because that child still takes up a full space.

Comment

I charge full-time for anything over 4 hours.

Comment

I charge full-time for preschoolers, as well, since they take up a full space and have 2 drop offs and pickups per day.

Comment

Originally posted by Josiegirl View Post
          I received a call from the mom of a 3 yo boy who goes to preschool 5 mornings a week. Would you charge fulltime? I usually do but I've never had any that went 5 mornings, it's usually 3-4. I need to talk with her further tonight when I have time. Kids were in the middle of painting when she called today.
          My full time care is 25+ hours a week.

Comment

When we had 1/2 day kindergarten they paid f/t rate

If a child will take up a f/t spot I charge a f/t rate. 100

The other choice is p/t 3 set days a week. 75
            or hourly drop in at $5 hour minimum 2 hours
            if I have an opening that day I will fill it with a f/t if they call.
            It:: will wait

Comment

Originally posted by sharlan View Post
              I always have because that child still takes up a full space.

Comment

I don't do half days unless they pay for a full day. I do offer part-time....just not half days-too hard to fill the other half of the day.

Comment

I would normally charge full time. I do tell prospective families that if they know of someone who can fill the days/times they don't use & they are a good fit, I will allow a part time rate. So far no one has been able or willing to find another family though.

Comment

I also would charge full time rate. You wouldn't be able to find someone that just needed a few hours in the morning and I'm sure if school is canceled for any reason, they would want to make sure they could send him to dc during that time.

Comment

Originally posted by mema View Post
                      I also would charge full time rate. You wouldn't be able to find someone that just needed a few hours in the morning and I'm sure if school is canceled for any reason, they would want to make sure they could send him to dc during that time.

School, but especially preschools have a LOT of time off, which is one of the reasons I've never discounted for preschool. I usually wind up having the kids way more then expected between teacher inservice days, snow days, holidays, etc.

Comment

I had one that I picked up at 12:30 Mon-Fri. I charged my s/a rate which is $30/day. I charge $40 for f/t, so when she started to attend preschool her payment went down $50/week.

Comment

Originally posted by mema View Post

I only offer full day rates.

If a parent enrolls their child somewhere else for part of the day, the loss is theirs NOT mine.

I understand why some places offer discounts or lower rates, but I got tired of dealing with everyone else's schedules and appts so now I offer a daily rate only and let each family deal with their own individual circumstances.

Comment

*sigh* It's a non-issue now anyways, she never called back. I assume she found someone else.
                            Thanks everyone, will definitely remember your words of wisdom for next time.

Comment

Working...
                            X