Doorbell Rings...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doorbell Rings...

At 7:26 this morning... I don't open until 7:30. My first reaction was to open the doors because the dogs would be barking the whole time but I remember what everyone says on this thread so instead I let the dogs outside, kept cooking DD's breakfast, made my coffee and kept my door shut until 7:30. Mom rang the doorbell 3 times and when I did finally open the door I gave her a quick, "hey! We don't open until 7:30." She looked annoyed, but I guess she should have seen MY face when she rang my bell that early. This is normally a 7:45 drop off family. Its so frustrating that people think just because we live where we work, that we work whenever we are home

Four minutes? That was a big deal?

Comment

Originally posted by SSWonders View Post
      Four minutes? That was a big deal?
      Of course it's a big deal! 4 min a day X 20 care days a month X 12 months = 16 HOURS of extra care per year.

Comment

Good for you! happyface
        I'm so thankful I found this forum. If I hadn't, I know I would be opening early all the time, working late, working for free, and getting burnt out.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          Of course it's a big deal! 4 min a day X 20 care days a month X 12 months = 16 HOURS of extra care per year.
          for FREE

Comment

Good for you! And to the other poster, yes, 4 min is a big deal. Would a restaurant or retail store open 4-5 min early? Very unlikely.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
              Sorry. I just don't see it. If it happened all the time maybe. But from what I'm reading this person usually shows up 15 minutes after opening.

Comment

Sorry. I just don't see it. If it happened all the time maybe. But from what I'm reading this person usually shows up 15 minutes after opening.
                exactly! and if their drop off.time is 7:45 why are they dropping off 20 min early?

Comment

Originally posted by momofboys View Post
                  exactly! and if their drop off.time is 7:45 why are they dropping off 20 min early?

Plus next time it'll be 25 minutes, then 30......

Comment

I'm opened 1st, 2nd & 3rd shift Mon-Fri. I have a day child who comes at 5am Tues-Friday...., the DCM came at 4:30am one morning & I didn't answer the door. She banged on the door for 15 minutes. I finally opened the door & asked her what she wanted. She said she was dropping off to which I replied, ""Your drop off time is 5am, Do you think I sit by the door waiting for you? I do sleep you know." I acted annoyed before she had a chance to herself. She now waits until 5am, .

Comment

Originally posted by momofboys View Post
                      Maybe traffic was lighter? Maybe their watch was a few minutes off? Maybe they just might have their act together a tiny bit earlier today? If it was just a one time thing, and not a constant thing, I would not leave a parent and child on the doorstep for the sake of 4 minutes. I prefer to be a little bit flexible to help make things a tad bit smoother for parents in the morning. Getting kids out to daycare is a stressful enough situation without me adding to it for I what I see as a miniscule amount of time. Why stress a parent out more? I am not a restaurant or a typical type business. I prefer to work with parents, again within reason, and not on a constant basis. That's just me.

Comment

Technically yes, unless that happens to be her first client of the day. My business hours are 7-5 but if I'm not expecting my first client until 7:30 then that's when I'm open, not 7. I do contracted hours per family so my working/open hours are dependent upon my clients scheduled hours regardless of what my business hours are.

Comment

Originally posted by MyAngels View Post

Plus next time it'll be 25 minutes, then 30......
                          That is not necessarily the case. Am I misreading that this in an isolated thing? If it was a chronic problem of course I would say something. This poor parent has made ONE 4 minute error, if I am reading correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by coolconfidentme View Post
                            I'm opened 1st, 2nd & 3rd shift Mon-Fri. I have a day child who comes at 5am Tues-Friday...., the DCM came at 4:30am one morning & I didn't answer the door. She banged on the door for 15 minutes. I finally opened the door & asked her what she wanted. She said she was dropping off to which I replied, ""Your drop off time is 5am, Do you think I sit by the door waiting for you? I do sleep you know." I acted annoyed before she had a chance to herself. She now waits until 5am, .
                            Understandable. That's half an hour. And it's very early!

Comment

Originally posted by mamac View Post
                              Technically yes, unless that happens to be her first client of the day. My business hours are 7-5 but if I'm not expecting my first client until 7:30 then that's when I'm open, not 7. I do contracted hours per family so my working/open hours are dependent upon my clients scheduled hours regardless of what my business hours are.
                              I do see what you are saying. But to me a half an hour is a lot different than 4 minutes.

Comment

Working...
                              X