Nap Question/Sticker Chart?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nap Question/Sticker Chart?

New DCB doesn't sleep as long as the others. He gets a little weepy at nap because he doesn't want to sleep (refused to sleep at home). Mom is on board with him napping here as well so he is so cranky at home when he didn't nap.

My issue is he wakes up 25-35 minutes early. That is when he is crying or on/off whimpering. I am giving him some quiet toys to play with so I'm not just making him lay there. I think he just wants to get up and he can't so he is trying to get his way. (I believe that works at home, not sure).

He just turned 3y but without being in daycare before and his speech seems a little delayed I'd say he is more 2.5y old in understanding what I'm saying, directions, etc.

I don't usually do sticker charts but would that maybe help for a few weeks? Would I just do it for all kids? I actually have another 2y old that has trouble staying on his mat before nap and keeps sitting on everyone else's and bugging them constantly (my 25m old I have posted about recently - chair strap issue). Maybe the charts could be for different things for each child? Or would that be confusing for them?

Originally posted by WImom View Post
    New DCB doesn't sleep as long as the others. He gets a little weepy at nap because he doesn't want to sleep (refused to sleep at home). Mom is on board with him napping here as well so he is so cranky at home when he didn't nap.

My issue is he wakes up 25-35 minutes early. That is when he is crying or on/off whimpering. I am giving him some quiet toys to play with so I'm not just making him lay there. I think he just wants to get up and he can't so he is trying to get his way. (I believe that works at home, not sure).

He just turned 3y but without being in daycare before and his speech seems a little delayed I'd say he is more 2.5y old in understanding what I'm saying, directions, etc.

I don't usually do sticker charts but would that maybe help for a few weeks? Would I just do it for all kids? I actually have another 2y old that has trouble staying on his mat before nap and keeps sitting on everyone else's and bugging them constantly (my 25m old I have posted about recently - chair strap issue). Maybe the charts could be for different things for each child? Or would that be confusing for them?
    I love reward charts. But I don't use them usually for things I expect related to every day behavior.

HOWEVER, as a temporary thing, I'd give it a shot. And sure, I've done it like that before and made it different for every child. Say one for x child who has trouble at drop off. Or one for y child who has trouble cleaning up toys etc.

My philosophy. Can't hurt to try right?

Comment

My kids all get books at nap- that way when they are awake they can look at them. I am also considering putting a "book on tape" on for the beginning...
      I think it depends on the child if a chart would help- but like pp said- wouldn't hurt to try!

Comment

Yeah, they all get nap bags for when they wake up. I also play music. He falls asleep fine. It's when is wakes up. He is whimpering right now. Better than crying though. I started the sticker chart today, not sure he understands it yet though.

Comment

Working...
        X