Interesting Article From The UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting Article From The UK

Formal schooling should be delayed until the age of six or seven because early education is causing “profound damage” to children, an influential lobby of almost 130 experts warns.

This is one of the reasons we have not moved back to the UK as a family. I would like too, but daycare providers are required to ram academics down their kids throats by Ofsted before they are out of diapers and that's something I am very against. England's childcare is in a terrible state. Providers are expected to keep records on every child showing their "education" plan and progress....even for babies. These are inspected in depth and rated by licensing. A play-based daycare program would be dismally rated in the UK. For this reason, providers are in short supply. Who wants to work 12 hours a day and then be expected to do paperwork for hours in the evenings? Those that do, charge mega bucks and then people can't afford it. What a mess.

I find the statements from the so-called Education minister to be some of the most UN-educated I have heard!

Originally posted by Meeko View Post
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education...y-experts.html

This is one of the reasons we have not moved back to the UK as a family. I would like too, but daycare providers are required to ram academics down their kids throats by Ofsted before they are out of diapers and that's something I am very against. England's childcare is in a terrible state. Providers are expected to keep records on every child showing their "education" plan and progress....even for babies. These are inspected in depth and rated by licensing. A play-based daycare program would be dismally rated in the UK. For this reason, providers are in short supply. Who wants to work 12 hours a day and then be expected to do paperwork for hours in the evenings? Those that do, charge mega bucks and then people can't afford it. What a mess.

I find the statements from the so-called Education minister to be some of the most UN-educated I have heard!
    I am worried that is the direction our country is headed...

Comment

Originally posted by Meeko View Post
      http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education...y-experts.html

I shared that one yesterday. That is how I feel these Quality Ratings systems are pigeon-holing us. WI would like me to write lesson plans for my infants based on my assessments of their development.

Comment

Originally posted by Heidi View Post
        I shared that one yesterday. That is how I feel these Quality Ratings systems are pigeon-holing us. WI would like me to write lesson plans for my infants based on my assessments of their development.
        . Scares me!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Heidi View Post
          Sorry Heidi...I didn't read your previous post!

I agree. Lesson plans for infants is ridiculous.

Comment

I have to write lessons plans for our outside playtime.

Not sure still how to do that.
            Each day is a fresh start
            Never look back on regrets
            Live life to the fullest
            We only get one shot at this!!

Comment

Working...
            X