Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Furniture Ruined :(

Just a vent...

Young 2 year old got her hands on a crayon today and quick as a cat colored all over my new ottoman. The furniture set isn't even paid off yet! Very upset.

I bet if you look online, there's a way to get it off. Try googling the type of material you have...

Sorry to hear that, btw.

Comment

Yes!! check online! pinterest may have ideas. I just saw wd40 takes crayon off walls! hope you can find something!!:hug:

Comment

Urg! I hate it when that happens. We recently purchased our first new couch! We have always purchased used before because we were so afraid the kids would destroy it! But I got sick of buying used furniture. So far it is still in great shape. I have drilled the kiddos on not jumping on it, no shoes, sitting on the arms exc.
        I agree with the others look online to see if you can find a way to clean it! Good luck!

Comment

I have heard that ice and dry cleaning solvent are the way to go. I buy only washable Crayola crayons, and SO FAR have not had an issue removing it from upholstery (and walls, and windows, and the television, etc.).

Comment

Iron and a paper towel will get up crayon off almost any fabric.

Lay paper towel over crayon, set hot iron on top for just a few seconds at a time. The wax will warm, melt and then all pull right up into the papertowel.

Works well for crayon and candle wax on carpet and linens as well.

Comment

hope you get it off! That is why we moved to a bigger house with a basement. I told my husband I was not getting any new furniture till we had separate daycare space. I dont allow daycare kids on my furniture at all now. I also dont allow free access to art supplies.

Comment

Aww man, no bueno . Try looking for a cleaner called Awesome. It worked for me and even works for pens and blood. I've used it on our microfiber couch.

Comment

Yikes! Hope you find something that will get it out.

Comment

Working...
                  X