No announcement yet.

What Don't You Like About Owning A DC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Don't You Like About Owning A DC?

I HATE paperwork! I never knew how much was involved! I also hate scheduling. I own 2 daycare homes with a total of 6 PT employees (my mom and I are owners and I'm counting us), and I hate trying to work around 3 girls in college, 3 of us being moms, and wanting to make everyone happy!!!

The continuous struggle to help parents understand what "group care" means and how ONE family's actions affect everyone else.

Everyone seems to think I am here just for them.

I TOTALLY understand why. It just gets old after a while.

Comment

That "stuck" feeling ... especially since I have my own DD and DS with me. We can't decide one morning to get up and head to the park or zoo or library. We are stuck.

Comment

Originally posted by MsLaura529 View Post
        That "stuck" feeling ... especially since I have my own DD and DS with me. We can't decide one morning to get up and head to the park or zoo or library. We are stuck.
        Same here! Also if they decide to take a short nap or not nap at all, then we don't really even get a break!

Comment

Mine is in my home and I hate the feeling of no privacy. I use our whole downstairs, and it seems like I have no privacy. I also hate the stuck feeling. DCP get mad if you have to close early for a dr.'s appointment, but they can take off a whole day from work. Get's old after awhile.

Comment

I really LOVE what I do, but I dislike the licensing aspect of business - keeping track of immunizations for example. I feel that shouldn't be my problem to worry about.

Comment

Parents who linger too long and paper work. I have two months of tax info etc to catch up on. Guess what I am doing Labor Day weekend??

Comment

Originally posted by Lil Monkey View Post
                Parents who linger too long and paper work. I have two months of tax info etc to catch up on. Guess what I am doing Labor Day weekend??
                I'm with ya! I have a whole envelope of tax stuff to file/input in my computer program!

Comment

I S O L A T I O N!!! I hate working alone for 10 1/2 hrs a day.

Comment

That my home is not really my home anymore. Daycare has taken over the entire first floor of my house and it's affecting DH and DS.

Comment

Originally posted by Lil Monkey View Post
                      Hmm yes, definitely parents who linger too long.

They physically EXHAUST me. I have Asperger's and the interactions with parents who linger absolutely drain me when they last more than 30 seconds. It drains me so much so that I only interact with the "early drop off" families. I sit in the back (3 rooms back -- you can see directly to the back through all of the daycare rooms) where their 2 tables are while they eat breakfast. All of the other families let themselves in. I am in the front during pick-up time, though, and some parents love to try and chat, chat, chat, chat, chat, chat, chat. They try to make lengthy conversations because they like me but having 9 five minute conversations just isn't possible or okay.

Comment

The "dramas"- It seems like there is always drama when there are 8 different families to deal with every day. Like DCM today who goes on and on about how dcb is "covered" in chigger bites even though they didn't go outside yesterday. He must have got them here and aren't all the other kids covered? NO dcm, no one else has any, DCB is not "covered" he has 4 and we use bug spray every time we step out the door!

***! I need to let this stuff roll off my back like a duck! ::

Comment

Originally posted by craftymissbeth View Post
                          That my home is not really my home anymore.
                          I'd love to have more privacy. If I could afford to turn my garage into a day care area complete with kitchen and bathroom, I'd love it!

Comment

1. Lack of privacy and general disrespect of my home

2. Isolation

3. Trying to fill open spots

4. Keeping up with immunizations! (Although it turns out my licensor made a mistake on one of my children and had to take that deficiency back! happyface)

Comment

The only thing that I hate about working in my home is that my DH, bless his heart because I love him and I don't think he means to do things that bother me on purpose, has his own ideas of how a daycare should be run and he still sometimes forgets that his home is a business during the day and that he can't come home after work to crack a beer and take off his shirt to have "a cold one" in the backyard while the kids are playing or take a nap on the couch in the living room which is our main play space and the room that the parents walk into when they first come in .

Comment

Working...
                              X