Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If A Parent Doesn't Receive Their Paycheck!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If A Parent Doesn't Receive Their Paycheck!?

i am a parent in this situation :/ curious what you daycare members would do??..

i am an MA and have worked at the same doctors office/clinic for going on 5 years.. in that 5 years 5 of my paychecks(along with my coworkers checks) have arrived 2-5 days AFTER the scheduled payday.. yes..ILLEGAL!!.. but i am a mother so i am sticking it out here until i can find a job elsewhere..

i am scheduled to get paid every 5th and 20th of the month.. because those don't always fall on a monday or friday.. my sons daycare made me a custom schedule to pay prorated amounts on my actual paydays..gracious of her to take her personal time and set me up a schedule like that!! lovethis

this month on the 5th our paychecks did not get to us.. they actually didn't get to us 'til the 10th!!!... *luckily i had some money saved up and was able to pay my daycare the $200+ up until the next payday*... buuutttt lets just say i did not have any money saved and could not pay on the 5th, but still had to go to work&needed daycare cuz i can't lose my job(which i know is never anyone elses problem or responsibility but my own)... what would you other daycares have done if one of your daycare parents said/had the same thing happen to them??

If you came to me and discussed it early on, and there were no other issues eg. late pickups, I probably would have let you pay late and charged 1/2 my daily late fee. (sorry, it's still late, and now *I* haven't received my paycheck!)

If I were you I would be reporting this to the state department of labor. Totally unacceptable. The only time I have ever almost bounced a check, my dh's paycheck with a large company bounced. Our mortgage check would have bounced but the bank manager was a friend of mine and called me. CRAZY!!!

Comment

Originally posted by kelliott View Post
      i am a parent in this situation :/ curious what you daycare members would do??..

i am an MA and have worked at the same doctors office/clinic for going on 5 years.. in that 5 years 5 of my paychecks(along with my coworkers checks) have arrived 2-5 days AFTER the scheduled payday.. yes..ILLEGAL!!.. but i am a mother so i am sticking it out here until i can find a job elsewhere..

i am scheduled to get paid every 5th and 20th of the month.. because those don't always fall on a monday or friday.. my sons daycare made me a custom schedule to pay prorated amounts on my actual paydays..gracious of her to take her personal time and set me up a schedule like that!! lovethis

this month on the 5th our paychecks did not get to us.. they actually didn't get to us 'til the 10th!!!... *luckily i had some money saved up and was able to pay my daycare the $200+ up until the next payday*... buuutttt lets just say i did not have any money saved and could not pay on the 5th, but still had to go to work&needed daycare cuz i can't lose my job(which i know is never anyone elses problem or responsibility but my own)... what would you other daycares have done if one of your daycare parents said/had the same thing happen to them??
      I would let it ride and just collect it when you got it if you were an otherwise good client. I'd want any part of it if you had it....a good faith amount if you will. Something is better than nothing as I have to pay bills also.

Laurel

Comment

If it were one of my families, who knew they could end up in a position like that because it's happened multiple times before, I'd expect them to plan for it and save accordingly.

Comment

Originally posted by Willow View Post
          If it were one of my families, who knew they could end up in a position like that because it's happened multiple times before, I'd expect them to plan for it and save accordingly.

Comment

^this

Comment

And, if they hadnt saved to plan for it then I expect that they will borrow from friends and family before they ask to borrow from me...which is essentially what paying late is doing...taking money that was scheduled to be in my pocket out of it. Thats what friends and family are for.

Comment

Yep, this. That's what the emergency fund is for.

Comment

Originally posted by AnneCordelia View Post
                  And, if they hadnt saved to plan for it then I expect that they will borrow from friends and family before they ask to borrow from me...which is essentially what paying late is doing...taking money that was scheduled to be in my pocket out of it. Thats what friends and family are for.
                  Absolutely. I could be sympathetic to a point, but I also have bills to pay and mouths to feed and couldn't work for free until a parent got paid.

Comment

Your situation is a mess and I feel bad for you.
                    But it is your problem and your employers problem.

Not your daycare providers problem.

She should never be expected to make YOUR problem, HER problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Meeko View Post
                      Your situation is a mess and I feel bad for you.
                      But it is your problem and your employers problem.

Not your daycare providers problem.

She should never be expected to make YOUR problem, HER problem.
                      I expect my parents to plan accordingly. Even if it has never happened before... It could... It's THEIR responsibility to plan for any and all scenarios. If I made all my dcp problems my problems I'd be in a mess!

Comment

It used to happen to me all of the time. I worked at a dental office and my checks were constantly bouncing. I just had to know that I had to put something back to pay my provider, I couldn't leave her out to dry like that because my employer sucked. I kept a cash stash for emergencies and paid her with that.

Comment

It's your responsibility to pay your bills on time.

Comment

Originally posted by kelliott View Post

clearly it wasn't your fault so I would have worked with you! if it was only a matter of moving the payday a week or two ...I couldn't do partial payments and balance building up, I depend on my income too

Comment

Tough situation, and my answer would vary depending on the child and family. That may not sound fair, but I'm just being honest.
                              If a long term family that has not had previous payment issues, follows the other policies, is respectful, has a child I enjoy watching came to me with this issue...I would work with them as much as possible.
                              If this is a reoccurring issue or I have other issues with the family or child, I would charge my full late fee and consider termination. I do this job to pay my bills, so me not being paid or being paid late, is just as much as a problem as it is for you not getting paid.

Comment

Working...
                              X