What Do You Do To Let Off Steam?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Do You Do To Let Off Steam?

I played roller derby until I very recently injured myself (I wasn't playing derby at the time of the injury as luck would have it), and I found that having a place to go twice a week to get out of the house made me a much better daycare provider.

Being injured made it much more difficult to chase the little ones around, so I'm hesitant to go back to the sport. What do you do? I need some ideas.

Originally posted by Lkurtyak View Post
    I played roller derby until I very recently injured myself (I wasn't playing derby at the time of the injury as luck would have it), and I found that having a place to go twice a week to get out of the house made me a much better daycare provider.

Being injured made it much more difficult to chase the little ones around, so I'm hesitant to go back to the sport. What do you do? I need some ideas.
    I go out to dinner with two provider friends. They really understand the job stuff plus we just have fun. We go for dinner and a little shopping once a week.

I'd like to do something else also, like a hobby, but haven't had many ideas. I found out that I'm bad at abstract painting though. My granddaughter said "How can you be bad at abstract painting grandma; it's abstract?" ::

Laurel

Comment

I run, do yoga/meditate, ride horse, shoot bow, hunt, fish and when all else fails I knock back a glass (I lovingly call my "fishbowl") of wine

Comment

I bike every night I can. Sometimes a short ride, sometimes long - depends on how stressed I am.

Comment

RUN!!!!
          I completed my 1st ultra marathon a couple weeks ago too. That's 8 hours of de-stressing...

Comment

I
            Exercise
            Have a sub once a week so I can get out and do coffee with friends
            Card making
            Canoeing
            Biking-as in bicycle
            Shop
            Get out in nature as much as possible

Comment

Really I don't do anything to let off steam. I rarely get steamed to be honest. My patience sometimes becomes a nuisance to others

But things I enjoy doing are sewing and working outside.

Comment

Working...
              X