So Nervous

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Nervous

I recently found out I was pregnant.(about 9 weeks). This will be my 3rd child and I haven't announced it to my families yet. In my ideal world I will be able to work up until my due day and start back soon after.
    However, I don't see that happening. Both of my older children were almost 10lb babies. I gained a lot of weight, never slept , went to a chiropractor about 3 times a week because my back hurt so back. I'm nervous that if I don't make it until I'm due I will lose most of my families.
    Has anyone went through this and what was the outcome?

No advice for you, but congratulations!

Comment

Absolutely in the exact same boat only two weeks ahead of you. I am actually waiting on my first doctor's appointment right now. Both of my older babies were 10.9 lbs and 11 lbs respectively. I worked up til 9 months at my office job and 8.5 months running my daycare for the second one. That was when it was really small though, only two extra kids plus my one son. I have 6 kids here now most days and I am terrified about managing. Previous pregnancies were rough and I have already suffered a loss this year before this one took. Already had all day sickness for a good part of the summer and I am hoping my clients don't know something is off before I decide what I'm doing. I don't know if this helps at all, but if you need support or just to chat with someone in the same place as you, feel free to PM me.

Comment

Make a plan (like working till the due date and taking X weeks as maternity leave) and that is what you tell the parents. I woldnt tell them till you absolutely have to. Then be ready with plan B if needed, just in your own mind. You dont need to go thru every scenario with the parents. Just stick with the plan of working as long as you can and if the time comes when you have to quit early, then everyone can deal with it then. I am assuming you give a 2 weeks notice so thats all you have to give. Let them know that you plan to be reopening and back to work on X date and they are welcomed back. you never know who will be able to accommodate and who will just move on. but the important thing is to do what you can to keep everyone but do not kill yourself working too hard and risking your health. you could consider hiring an assistant for those last few months/weeks/days to help get you thru till the end. that may be better than losing families.

i understand what it is like....i have horrendous pregnancies, very large babies, and yes, even back issues but each pregnancy (three while doing daycare), I have never lost a family over it. I was even on bed rest for weeks with the last one and my families all came back when i reopened!

Comment

Working...
        X