Natural/Organic Teething Remedies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Natural/Organic Teething Remedies

I have a very organic/green DCF with an infant (4 months) that is really struggling with teething pain, she's literally a different (aka unhappy/screaming) baby.

They currently give her a chamomile based teething oil (its mainly chamomile, but also almond oil and willow bark) and holy bananas does she HATE it. She literally freaks out and screams bloody murder for up to 20mins, plus now she starts screaming if she even smells it. I haven't noticed it offering any relief.

Any ideas for alternatives?

Amber teething necklace. http://hazelaid.com/pages/about-baltic-amber

Comment

I second the amber teething necklace. A lady on Facebook where I buy mine is having a going out of business sale, fluffyrumps
      Also hylands teething tablets

Comment

Second on the Hylands teething tablets

Comment

I would definitely say the teething tablets.

On a side note, I once had a DCF who was like that and I told them that I couldn't spend every minute of my day focused on soothing their baby, like they did at home, so that she is content without medicine. I said I respected their wishes, but if her crying was to the point that it was infringing on the care of the other children, then they would be called to pick her up. They sent teething tablets and tylenol the next day. I told them I would exhaust all other options before going to the tylenol, and I never actually got there - the tablets were enough.

Comment

Second on the teething necklace, and fourth or whatever on the Hyland's teething tablets.
            Hee hee! Look, I have a signature!

Comment

so do they still have belladonna in them ? the teething tablets

I had a parent use them and they worked great but I understand they are not FDA approved or has that changed ?

never mind I found the answer http://www.hylandsteething.com/faqs/
              It:: will wait

Comment

Originally posted by itlw8 View Post
                so do they still have belladonna in them ? the teething tablets

I had a parent use them and they worked great but I understand they are not FDA approved or has that changed ?

never mind I found the answer http://www.hylandsteething.com/faqs/

Most homeopathic remedies haven't been evaluated by the FDA, that doesn't mean they don't work and it certainly doesn't mean they are dangerous or inappropriate for use ( not evaluated is not the same as evaluated and deemed unsafe).

Comment

Originally posted by SilverSabre25 View Post
                  Second on the teething necklace, and fourth or whatever on the Hyland's teething tablets.
                  What she said..... I'm fourth or so on the necklace and six or so on the hyland teething tablets.

And on a side note.... E amber necklaces are miracle workers for ear ache pain, tonsil pain, sinus pain. My daughter had these chronically and a few times had ear infections that would literally are her from sleep screaming holy bloody murder. Tylenol and ibuprofen did nothing ... But then one night when she was starting to cry, she was teething too, so I out the amber necklace on. Within minutes she settled down. E next morning I took her for an ear check. They said her ears were terribly infected. Ater that we used the amber necklace for ear pain, throat pain etc.

Comment

I used the super butter for both of my kids. The super butter is supposed to have the highest helping properties.

Here's the link. Very affordable and they last forever. I still have both of theirs from when they were little

Raw Baltic Amber Super Butter - Try the most Powerful Baltic Amber Teething Necklace in the World and Choose Your Own Safety Clasp, only at Hazelaid.com :)

Comment

Originally posted by Willow View Post
                      Most homeopathic remedies haven't been evaluated by the FDA, that doesn't mean they don't work and it certainly doesn't mean they are dangerous or inappropriate for use ( not evaluated is not the same as evaluated and deemed unsafe).
                      What I had remembered was the first recall because of the inconsistent amount of belladonna that can be harmful but the company fixed the problem with the manufacturing and child safe lids. I missed the fix but remembered the problem. belladonna is dangerous if too much is used. but the the same thin with oragel and Tylenol.
                      It:: will wait

Comment

Wet washcloth frozen in a Ziploc bag. It works! Used it for both of my own.

Note: take it out of the bag before giving it to the child.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaddidle Care View Post
                          Wet washcloth frozen in a Ziploc bag. It works! Used it for both of my own.

Note: take it out of the bag before giving it to the child.
                          Same here. I also let them "chew" on cold carrots.

Comment

I second (third?) the frozen washcloth - or even just refrigerated will do.

Comment

Originally posted by Cradle2crayons View Post
                              What she said..... I'm fourth or so on the necklace and six or so on the hyland teething tablets.

And on a side note.... E amber necklaces are miracle workers for ear ache pain, tonsil pain, sinus pain. My daughter had these chronically and a few times had ear infections that would literally are her from sleep screaming holy bloody murder. Tylenol and ibuprofen did nothing ... But then one night when she was starting to cry, she was teething too, so I out the amber necklace on. Within minutes she settled down. E next morning I took her for an ear check. They said her ears were terribly infected. Ater that we used the amber necklace for ear pain, throat pain etc.
                              I use the amber necklace for pregnancy pains. :: All of my daycare kids know what an amber necklace is because I wear them and this little babe will, too.

Comment

Working...
                              X