Large Child...Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Large Child...Question

i have had this child since 23months...hes always been BIG..hes now 5 (oct.24) and is 85lbs not kidding! hes HUGE! wears a 10/12 in clothes !!! he cant do much because hes so big. hes like one of those maury povich babies LOL ::
    its really sad tho! he sits in one place all day , but is getting agressive and his mouth needs some soap ...well, the parents didnt think he was ready for preschool this yr (around here preschool is just like kindergarden and they go all day) ..hes VERY ready to be honest. hes very smart, too smart. he looks like a monster up to my other kids...what would u do? i'd hate to let him go BUT i'm just so frustrated. i know its not his fault but i just dont have much more patience now adays...hes SLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWW and wont do things/says he cant..but if he tried he could. the parents baby the hell out of him...any advice??

tell the parents that he's bored and that he needs to go to school, whats their excuse for not sending him, and tell him that he needs to be with kids his own age. wow thats big, thats how big my 10 yr old.

Comment

i wish they would listen...i feel so bad for him. hes around a 4month old, 17month, 24month, 3yr and 3 1/2 yr old kids and TOWERS them. hes super tall as well. sadly he is barely potty trained as well. long story there....i love him to pieces but he realy needs school
      Last edited by Michael; 10-05-2010, 12:23 PM.

Comment

I would set a 'graduation' date for him and send him off with best wishes. In the meantime, talk to the parents about how to enroll him in Kinder. Is there any way to arrange a 'field trip' to the school, to get him and parents excited?

Comment

thanks for that idea! sounds like a great one

Comment

WOW! That is crazy! I thought I was the only one! I have a 5 year old boy in care who is huge also. He is almost the exact same size as yours. In my case however, the child is academically behind. He doesn't know any letters and struggles daily with color and shape recognition. I have had him since he was 15 mos. We work hard on these things but there is very little retention and even when he learns them, he acts like he doesn't have a clue the next day. His parents both baby him as well. He can't put his own shoes or coat on and mom is happy to help him. All he talks about is his video games and even knows commercial jingles by heart, but not the ABC's!!! I suggested to mom to have him tested b/c I suspected a LD or even autism. He rocks and sings alot to himself and doesn't really talk to other kids. He is in his own little world. But mom actually said he isn't like that at home so she basically thinks I just am not seeing the same kid as she sees. ????? Frustration!!!

Anyways, she sent him to Kindergarten this year (I suggested he stay home one more year...he is NOT ready) and of course the school said same thing, and he is now in a Head Start program for young 5's where he can get some better early intervention.

Comment

Working...
            X