It Is Like Banging Your Head Against The Wall Repeatedly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It used to bug me, now I don't let it.

If you bring it, you share it. If you don't want to share it, it goes in your cubby. 99% of the time, the child is asking me to put it in his cubby in the first half hour of arrival and it is forgotten until pick up.

Then of course, the fit starts until the child gets the toy and we come full circle in the day

Comment

I'm the odd one here in that I really don't care if the kids bring toys or not. They know if they bring it they need to share, and they know I will NOT be searching for it at the end of the day-anything that happens to it is their problem. It hasn't really caused any problems for me, though sometimes I do wonder what the parents are thinking when the kid brings his whole toybox!

Comment

Originally posted by Childminder View Post
        My home my rules. I take them from the child and give back to parent BEFORE they leave. Make me the bad guy, I really don't care.
        Yep! Me too! I don't care if I have to be the bad guy...someone has too! I had huge issues with this too but I came up with a great solution....I tell the kids that if they want to bring a toy they can, but the catch is that once it comes into my house it can not leave and now belongs to me. After everyone graciously "gave" me one or two toys I never had that problem again. At least not with the same kid!

Comment

Working...
        X