Fingerprinting Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fingerprinting Question

If a licensed provider has a new member living in the household temporarily do they need to get a TB test too? I know fingerprints is a must but I'm not sure if they also have to get the TB test. I'm considering in bringing my niece to live with me for 2 months, she will never be around the kids. She works 12 hour shifts and only off on weekends.
    I'm in California, anyone????

TIA

Here anyone in the household 18 and over needs to get a TB test. You could find out by visiting your state's dhs site. http://ccld.ca.gov

Or maybe click your state on the first page of this site.

Comment

Yes, she does.

Comment

If they are over 18 and will be 'living' in your house for a period of time, yes.

Comment

Is there a set time limit when 'visiting' turns into 'living with', or is it open to interpretation? I'm in California and haven't had it come up yet, but am curious to know.

Comment

Originally posted by Starburst View Post
            If they are over 18 and will be 'living' in your house for a period of time, yes.
            anyone who will be living in the home for any length of time MUST pass all of the necessary background, medical and social services clearances as stated in the LIC regs.........

even if they won't be around the kids

Comment

Originally posted by Margarete View Post
              Is there a set time limit when 'visiting' turns into 'living with', or is it open to interpretation? I'm in California and haven't had it come up yet, but am curious to know.
              anyone who is around the kids on a consecutive daily basis MUST do the above as stated.
              I asked this when my parents were going to come out for two weeks from another country and this is what I was told....

so this will apply to anyone who is a guest in your home.

I always put my visitors up in a hotel or they will go out and site see during the day and not return until my dc has closed, then leave again before it opens.........

Comment

I'm in so cal. Any visiting longer than 3 weeks they need all the above. Here they allow visitation for 3 weeks.

Comment

I double checked what the handbook says about background check exemptions, while I didn't find clarification on visiting/ living in the California family child care home handbook http://www.dss.cahwnet.gov/getinfo/pdf/fcc.PDF ... I did find this:

The following individuals are exempt from the requirement to submit fingerprints:
                  (1) A volunteer who is a relative, legal guardian,
                  or foster parent of a child in the facility.
                  (2) A volunteer that provides time-limited specialized services if all of the following apply:
                  (A) The volunteer is directly supervised by the licensee or a facility employee with a
                  criminal record clearance or exemption.
                  (B) The volunteer spends no more than 16 hours per week at the facility.
                  (C) The volunteer is not left alone with children in care

****"Relative" means spouse, parent, stepparent, son, daughter, brother, sister, stepbrother, stepsister,
                  half-brother, half-sister, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, first cousin or any such person denoted by
                  the prefix "grand" or "great" or the spouse of any of the persons specified in this definition, even after the marriage has been terminated by death or dissolution.

So it doesn't look like relatives of children in care have that same '16 hour/ week cap' that other volunteers do... interesting.

Comment

Working...
                  X