No Freaking Way....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Freaking Way....

I had someone email me Friday* about ft spots for her two kids. She said that she would let me know some time today when she would be able to set up an interview...

...then she shows up at my house at 9:45 TONIGHT!

9:45 PM.
    On a Sunday.
    Unannounced.
    With her two kids.

I was in my pajamas.

*HEAD DESK* *HEAD DESK* *HEAD DESK*

I was like, "Hi...? Can I help you??"

What did she say?

The nerve of some people boggles my mind. You don't want her as a client!! Can you imagine?

Comment

Wow, that takes some nerve or no brain! I do hope you said "NOT a Good fit?"
      I cannot get over that. Just wow.

Comment

Yikes!! This is constantly a worry for me, as I have about 3 people that never showed up for interviews, but have my address. I'm always wondering when they are going to end up showing up, kids in tow, ready for their first day, haha.

Comment

You didn't interview her did you? I won't even take DC calls on the weekends. I call back on Monday. I make sure people know I do not work on the weekends. Period.

Comment

Can you imagine what she would be like as a client!?! All hours at your door!! Or worse not picking up til late!!
            What do people think!?!:confused:

Comment

wow! what did she say?????

Comment

Oh my! I hope you sent her on her way ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I hope you sent her away and denied her a future interview. First off those kids shouldn't have even been awake. And WHAT was she thinking? I wonder what she expects of you to show up at that time. Woman must be crazyyyyyyy.

Comment

Holy cow!

Comment

Originally posted by UtahMomma View Post
                      I had someone email me yesterday about ft spots for her two kids. She said that she would let me know some time today when she would be able to set up an interview...

...then she shows up at my house at 9:45 TONIGHT!

9:45 PM.
                      On a Sunday.
                      Unannounced.
                      With her two kids.

I was in my pajamas.

*HEAD DESK* *HEAD DESK* *HEAD DESK*

I was like, "Hi...? Can I help you??"

She more than likely needed daycare the next morning.

Either her daycare termed her immediately or she was being excluded from care for a sick kid or something...

Which seems likely considering she was out and about at 9:45 on a Sunday night with them....

Curious as to what you said to her.....and what she said as to why she felt the need to show up unannounced so late....

Comment

Did you just shut the door in her face? ::::::

That is just crazy!!! She definitely just got kicked out of somewhere else! ::

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
                          She more than likely needed daycare the next morning.

Either her daycare termed her immediately or she was being excluded from care for a sick kid or something...

Which seems likely considering she was out and about at 9:45 on a Sunday night with them....

Curious as to what you said to her.....and what she said as to why she felt the need to show up unannounced so late....
                          She said in the emails that she has been a SAHM ever since she had her daughter (who just turned 1)

After she told me who she was, I was a speechless for a minute. I told her it wasn't going to work out and that I didn't appreciate the fact that she rang my doorbell at 10pm, which woke up my 3yo, and have a nice night.

She said that her phone died so she couldn't let me know that she was on her way over. I also noticed they didn't drive. I checked my work email this morning and saw that she sent me an email at 9:09 PM asking if it was okay to come over.

I do not answer or check daycare emails/texts/voicemails on weekends.

Comment

Originally posted by UtahMomma View Post
                            She said in the emails that she has been a SAHM ever since she had her daughter (who just turned 1)

After she told me who she was, I was a speechless for a minute. I told her it wasn't going to work out and that I didn't appreciate the fact that she rang my doorbell at 10pm, which woke up my 3yo, and have a nice night.

She said that her phone died so she couldn't let me know that she was on her way over. I also noticed they didn't drive. I checked my work email this morning and saw that she sent me an email at 9:09 PM asking if it was okay to come over.

I do not answer or check daycare emails/texts/voicemails on weekends.
                            Wow...... I still can't believe there are actually people out there that think that way....late night/calls/visits etc...

Glad you were straight with her and said no.

Imagine her as a client...

Comment

Oh wow!! She would be your next client that would show up with each child wearing one shoe..... But at 4:00 am!!::

Comment

Working...
                              X