SRS/CDF State Assistance pay??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SRS/CDF State Assistance pay??

I have a DCK that is a foster child thus, a foster care service helps pay for her daycare. They have told me they will only pay $1.70 an hour and the rest the parents pay. I don't have an hourly rate ( nor do I want to have one). I charge daily or weekly. My question is, do any of you charge a different rate for these instances? I don't feel I should but, want to make sure that I'm not being unreasonable.

Also, DCM has offered to pay me and then I reimburse her as it can take awhile for me to receive payment from agency. I am all for this but, at same time want to avoid any conflict that might arise. I plan on each week giving her an invoice as to how many hours DCK was here, what my total is and what the projected amount the agency should pay, then when payment comes in share that info with her and then reimburse her. Any other suggestions?

Thanks all! :confused:

Originally posted by Lil Monkey View Post
    I have a DCK that is a foster child thus, a foster care service helps pay for her daycare. They have told me they will only pay $1.70 an hour and the rest the parents pay. I don't have an hourly rate ( nor do I want to have one). I charge daily or weekly. My question is, do any of you charge a different rate for these instances? I don't feel I should but, want to make sure that I'm not being unreasonable.

Also, DCM has offered to pay me and then I reimburse her as it can take awhile for me to receive payment from agency. I am all for this but, at same time want to avoid any conflict that might arise. I plan on each week giving her an invoice as to how many hours DCK was here, what my total is and what the projected amount the agency should pay, then when payment comes in share that info with her and then reimburse her. Any other suggestions?

I have had a dcb for 3 years who started out as a foster child and was adopted. I knew and trusted DCM so I had her pay nothing out of pocket to start. At the end of the month I submitted the hours to the state and they sent a check to me for $2 per hour for only the hours he was in care. They reimbursed on the 15th of the next month. I invoiced her for the difference between what the state would pay and what our full rate was and made the due date the 15th.

If I did not know/trust the DCF I would have them pay in advance our full rate. After I receive the payment from the state I would reimburse dcm for the difference.

Comment

It does take a few weeks to get started getting payment from state pay etc.

It sounds reasonable if mom can pay up front, then we you start getting payment you can reimburse, sounds fair to me completely!!

I have five state pays. I get a daily rate of $8 and some change. I get paid two weeks behind from them. Mom pays the difference and she pays up front. The state pay is direct deposit on the 8th and 23th of every month, although it takes five additional days to actually go through the bank account. So it's really like the 15th and 30th. It just shows it to me on the computer on the 8th and 23rd.

Comment

You might want to dig a little deeper on this one. My local DSS office NEVER tells parents that DSS is responsible for picking up ALL costs that Childcare Services does not cover. These kids are wards of the state, and the state should cover ALL of their daycare. Childcare Services is billed $2.20 per hour in my state, and the local DSS gets billed the remainder. DSS gets billed full price for all hours that exceed the certificate, as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          You might want to dig a little deeper on this one. My local DSS office NEVER tells parents that DSS is responsible for picking up ALL costs that Childcare Services does not cover. These kids are wards of the state, and the state should cover ALL of their daycare. Childcare Services is billed $2.20 per hour in my state, and the local DSS gets billed the remainder. DSS gets billed full price for all hours that exceed the certificate, as well.
          I am a foster parent and daycare provider. I've had to have some of my early foster children in daycare elsewhere and then when I started my own daycare, I've had other foster children in my daycare.

As a foster parent, I never had to pay the difference. The state pays the bill.

As a daycare provider, I submitted the child's hours to daycare assistance (I also don't do hourly) and then I submitted the remainder of my bill to the child's case worker. It took forever to get the full payment from multiple sources, but it did work well and the bill was paid in full. The state should pay for the care, one way or another, since the child is really in their custody.

Comment

It depends on what state she is in. In California the state does NOT pay for childcare. The foster family pays for care out of what they get paid to have the child. Childcare cost is between the foster parent and the provider.

I would just have the parent pay your normal rate weekly and the when you get your state check reimburse her.

Comment

In our state they will only pay the rate that CDF pays. They are in the process of changing from one agency to another. The old agency paid my rate. They new agency has said no they won't. I know DCM is still trying to reach someone to make sure.

Comment

Working...
              X