No announcement yet.

Freaking OUT!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Omg you guys are freaking me out!! I have a bug phobia! I mean bad! I think I would pass out if I had these issues. we did have a mouse in the house. Bugger was having a field day! But bugs? I would freak out!

Comment

ok, this happened on sat. since I live in the country, mice are a common thing. So sat. we go out with dh's bff and his wife. As they are leaving wife starts freaking out because a mouse ran out from behind my porch from the deck boards. Dh steps on it and kills it and calls it a day. Omg, you should have seen there faces, and here we are not even batting an eyelash.

Comment

You guys are all making me feel so much better, yet so grossed out at the same time! :: I felt horrible that, despite being so clean, I was somehow bringing roaches into a childcare setting (yes, it is just the kitchen atm but STILL). Now I don't feel so bad about that since it seems to be a common problem in other places too. But it still gross and I can't wait til they are GONE!!

As for the mouse thing that seriously made me LOL CM! I probably would have done the same thing as your friends tbh. Crunching bones and guts are a bit much for me haha

Comment

I have rental properties & an exterminator should be able to take care of them with one visit. I only had the problem once & a family brought them when they moved in.

Comment

When we lived in student housing the whole complex had them. The exterminator used a solid almost toothpaste like bait spread on the cracks and crevices of the cabinet doors. Two applications and they were gone. They also like bar soap and damp cardboard.

Comment

I swear if it's not one pest, it's another. I had spiders pretty bad for awhile, and then we got mice but the spiders disappeared. Then when we started killing the mice, the spiders starting returning (I can only assume the mice were killing the spiders) And now, in the past four weeks I have seen 3 roaches in my house. I think they are coming in from the garage because they have all been near my door leading to the garage. Luckily, I haven't had a problem with ants this year.
              But to tell you the truth, I'd prefer mice over roaches ANY day! they gross me out like nobody's business.

Comment

Originally posted by Patches View Post
                I swear if it's not one pest, it's another. I had spiders pretty bad for awhile, and then we got mice but the spiders disappeared. Then when we started killing the mice, the spiders starting returning (I can only assume the mice were killing the spiders) And now, in the past four weeks I have seen 3 roaches in my house. I think they are coming in from the garage because they have all been near my door leading to the garage. Luckily, I haven't had a problem with ants this year.
                But to tell you the truth, I'd prefer mice over roaches ANY day! they gross me out like nobody's business.
                Same here!! Ants are HORRIBLE in MD and I've always had a problem, but not this year. Just flies and roaches. Gross. I'd rather have the ants I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Brooksie View Post
                  Flying roaches?! Dear lord, please don't let those be introduced to North America!
                  Um, Welcome to Florida. Florida state bird.......the Palmetto, yep, flying roaches.

Comment

Originally posted by sunlight View Post
                    I feel for you! This past Spring I had a massive swarm of ANTS in my spotless kitchen!! They were only little black sugar ants but I tell you I was an OCD mess cleaning my kitchen every flippin second. I found out they had built a nest in the inside of my coffee maker! Horrified as I was I picked it up to clean under it and bam they were coming out by the hundreds. I threw it away and got a new one and no more ants!

I am pretty sure the exterminators will be able to keep the roaches under control. I know it feels like you've been invaded by these ugly unwelcome guests, but the bright side is they will be leaving Soon!!

Hang in there and keep up all your GOOD Work
                    We live next to a big field and where our house is there used to be a bunch of orchards and we have tons of spiders! We found a big wolf spider once when cleaning out our garage. And our property manager says that they tried to get exterminators but they say there is no real way to get rid of all the spiders (for every one you see there are millions more in the walls). We also been having some houeflies because of the warm weather. In my school they try to teach us to teach kids NOT to kill bugs (to value living things) and to try to instead try to catch them and set them free outside but IDK if I can do that because I hate spiders (and flies)!

Comment

Working...
                    X