Shoes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shoes

I have one dc boy who is always taking off his shoes (crocs or flip flops) today we are riding bikes and other ride on toys. I told everyone they needed shoes. He still took his off I had him sit with me and gave two choices. Shoes on and play or sit with me. He chose to sit with me but whine the entire time about it. Do you have the kids keep shoes on? For bikes I feel it's mandatory. But am wondering what others do for other activities?

I think you did everything right. You have a rule, he broke it and had to sit.

Even if he whined, he still didn't get to break the rule.

I bet next time he keeps his shoes on since the whining didn't help.

I require closed toe, tied shoes at ALL times.

I don't have many issues with kids taking their shoes off.

I do agree with you that bikes should be ridden WITH shoes on.

Comment

I would have the parents provide laced/tie shoes only. When/if DCB takes them off he has to sit out of a particular activity until he puts them back on.

Comment

I think you did the right thing here...... the only thing that I would have done was tell the kid I am really sorry that you decided not to listen to the rules, but you are hurting my ears, please stop whining.

I have a spot in my yard that when they want to pitch a fit or what not, they go sit there so that I don't have to hear them whine.

I just keep giving choices...would you like to stop whining or go sit in the thinking spot.

I also never allow anything but closed toe shoes.....

Comment

My rule is close toed shoes for riding bikes and soccer. If they just want to swing or play with the sand then shoes are an option. I have told parents I do not like flip flops because I don't think they are safe. One mom always has dck wear flip flops. I made her sign a paper stating I am not responsible for any foot injuries or accidents due to unsafe shoes

Comment

If a child is whining, I look at them and sign "all done" and say, "All done whining. We use our words. We are big kids." I do not want to listen to that!

Shoes MUST be worn outdoors at all times. It's mandatory here, too. I don't have any issues from the children (2 to 5-years-old) beyond taking them off temporarily to get a woodchip out.

Comment

My kids wear shoes at all times, even naptime. Once they are walking, shoes are required all day, everyday.

Comment

Originally posted by jenn View Post
                My kids wear shoes at all times, even naptime. Once they are walking, shoes are required all day, everyday.
                :confused: Seriously? I couldn't imagine making a kid sleep in shoes. I myself HATE socks and shoes... yikes!

Comment

Originally posted by littlemissmuffet View Post
                  :confused: Seriously? I couldn't imagine making a kid sleep in shoes. I myself HATE socks and shoes... yikes!
                  I always been the type of person that take my shoes off when I enter my house (or the house of kids I babysit for), it feels weird to wear shoes in a house. I don't even like taking my shoes upstairs to my room (even when I am not wearing them).

But yeah I wouldn't allow flip flops, crocs, or any open toe shoes for that matter for children that young, because they are very dangerous (tripping, jammed toe, infection). I think its also a part of preparing them for school because some schools ban flip-flops. My college's preschool allows sandals with a heel strap (not crocs) but they prefer closed toe shoes (even for student teachers). Even when I was in cosmetology we werent allowed to wear open toe shoes on the floor (they said its unsanitary) and once my uncle managed a food court at a water park and during an inspection he wouldn't even allow the inspector to come in the kitchen because she was wearing flip-flops (health and safety issue).

Comment

I had a family come to me because the center they went to the kids always had to have their shoes on and the kid hated it..... I guess I understand why, because if an emergency occurred, you would really want shoes on...

We dont wear shoes in the house, only outside. They are allowed to take them off in the sandbox, but need to put them on as soon as they come out of it..

Comment

I taking a line outta A League of Their Own & say.., "There's no whining in daycare." Mine usually pipe down with that for some reason.

Comment

Working...
                      X