Enough With the Flipping RAIN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enough With the Flipping RAIN

For like, two weeks now, it's either raining, about to rain, or just rained so that the outside is too soggy to go out. My patio had bubbles spill on it a couple weeks ago and is now more slippery than usual when wet.

While I'd love, in theory, to manage to go out to play in the rain or the sogginess, I still have no spare clothes for my dcks, so I'd rather not. One of them is still a 14 mo wobbly walker who would just sit in the sog.

I love the weather, we need the rain rather desperately, but gosh dang it, just give us like, two days a week that are compartively dry!
    Hee hee! Look, I have a signature!

I understand! Here the damp means more bugs!
    For the wobbler what about ploping a wading pool in the yard with toys for him? I have done this for my little ones before. Easier than a pack and play and it seems to be "more fun" for them.
    When it is too damp to play in the yard we go for walks.
    May you get a couple of dry days this week

Comment

Wading pool is a good idea, thanks. I'll have to see if he'll go for it. chances are good that he'll crawl out and the big kids will crawl in...that's usually how it is around here ::!

Comment

I feel you. It has rained here everyday for 2 weeks. Today was the first time we were able to go out after nap. It lasted 15 min.

Comment

Silver-I think you're in the same state as me and I could not agree more!! Terrible summer!

Comment

Yep Scout, I'm in Ohio too. And omg, this morning I thought it was going to stay dry, then I heard the pitter patter of little raindrops again. *sigh* maybe that's the last of it for the day? Maybe?

Another check in the "avoid the backyard" column, after "the ground oozes when I walk" and "ew, bugs" is that the yard is at least a week overdue in being mowed...and DH is working 5 12's this week...

oh yeah, and mushrooms are all over the yard...

blech.

Comment

We had one of the wettest Junes in history, and July has started off just as soggy. Between the over saturated yard, the mosquitoes, and other water loving bugs, our outside time is confined to my front driveway most of the time. Yesterday the kids wandered off the driveway and one fell on the grass. He stood up and was a soaked, muddy mess.

Comment

Originally posted by Play Care View Post
                We had one of the wettest Junes in history, and July has started off just as soggy. Between the over saturated yard, the mosquitoes, and other water loving bugs, our outside time is confined to my front driveway most of the time. Yesterday the kids wandered off the driveway and one fell on the grass. He stood up and was a soaked, muddy mess.
                I wish I felt comfortable with the driveway! My group is too wild though. If not under my direct control then an unfenced area is a disaster...

Comment

Originally posted by SilverSabre25 View Post
                  I wish I felt comfortable with the driveway! My group is too wild though. If not under my direct control then an unfenced area is a disaster...
                  The only reason I do it is because I have a huge lot (almost two acres and it's mostly the front yard) and we are really away from the road. I also live on a quiet neighborhood street, and it's not a main thoroughfare. I've been pretty thankful for my set up these last few months!

Comment

Originally posted by Play Care View Post
                    The only reason I do it is because I have a huge lot (almost two acres and it's mostly the front yard) and we are really away from the road. I also live on a quiet neighborhood street, and it's not a main thoroughfare. I've been pretty thankful for my set up these last few months!
                    sounds heavenly!!

Comment

Rain again this morning. I am also in Ohio. My backyard is uphill from our house so it tends to drain. I have a patio that is enclosed they can play on... and yes, it still has puddles!
                      Hoping to get out for a walk today.

Comment

Last week I checked the 10 day forecast. That was a mistake!::

7 days of thunderstorms, 1 rainy day, and 2 days!! Bleh! Glad I didn't waste my money or time putting up our pool this year!

Comment

I rarely check beyond the 5 day, because of the nature of weather forecasting (I'm a meteorology nerd), but yeah, last week it was awful.

I just checked again and after today and tomorrow (tomorrow is a 60% chance of storms), we'll finally start to dry out. There are even a couple days with 0% precip chance!!!

Comment

I feel your pain! We, of course, are in the same boat. I can't STAND how the wetness has made the bugs prolific!!! I was spraying out a playhouse yesterday and tons of earwigs came out of it! I had to spray out my mailbox too and then spray it down with natural pesticide. I hate those bugs, they are the most disgusting bug ever and I think they LOVE the damp mulch. I've never seen so many in my life.

And it's not just the rain but the humidity! I haven't even taken the kids for a walk in ages because it's way too darn muggy!

Comment

Originally posted by EchoMom View Post
                              I feel your pain! We, of course, are in the same boat. I can't STAND how the wetness has made the bugs prolific!!! I was spraying out a playhouse yesterday and tons of earwigs came out of it! I had to spray out my mailbox too and then spray it down with natural pesticide. I hate those bugs, they are the most disgusting bug ever and I think they LOVE the damp mulch. I've never seen so many in my life.

And it's not just the rain but the humidity! I haven't even taken the kids for a walk in ages because it's way too darn muggy!
                              omg the earwigs are as bad as ticks this year! My mom had her a/c stop working last week and when the repair guy came out, he said that the only problem was an earwig caught in some connector! And he's been seeing a lot of that this year. We've been living here for three years and I've barely ever seen earwigs and NEVER ticks here before this year!

It's muggy, buggy, boggy, and gross. Now that it's sunny I have a hard time justifying another inside day...

Comment

Working...
                              X