Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question For Those With A Walk Out Basement??!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question For Those With A Walk Out Basement??!!

Hi I was wondering if those who have a walkout basement use their back door as daycare entrance? I want to but I'm afraid parents won't permanently like coming down the big hill on the side of our house. So I'm thinking of putting stairs in somehow to make it easier. Does anyone have any pictures if they have stairs leading down to their entrance? TIA

our drive comes around to the back but yes you need a sidewalk, including steps if needed. It would not be safe to walk on grass.
    It:: will wait

Comment

The house we lived in when I first started daycare had a walkout. We installed a sidewalk with stairs at intervals as needed to the door, and a handrail as well. It was expensive. If I were to have the option again I would just have drop offs and pickups come through the house.

Comment

We have a walkout basement, but both doors face the street. The lower door is the daycare entrance. Upper is our home entrance.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Meeko View Post
          We have a walkout basement, but both doors face the street. The lower door is the daycare entrance. Upper is our home entrance.
          That's awesome ... I love that!!

Comment

I am thinking about using my basement door for my entrance door, so I won't have to use my front door.

Comment

Wow thanks for the image! I wish mine was that way but we have a somewhat steep downhill stretch I need to decide what to do with. But I don't want parents coming through the front unless weather is extreme like a foot of snow! So I will have to decide what to do here in the next few days.

Comment

Meeko that is a beautiful home and entrance set-up. In the future I would love to have something like that.

To the original poster- I have a friend who has a walkout basement for her daycare. She had a sidewalk put in with leveled steps. It is like 1 step down and then a landing, then another step down to a landing until you are at the bottom. I think it cost her quite a bit, but she says it is totally worth it and would never change the entrance to the front where parents have to walk through the house. I would have to agree.

Comment

My drive way comes down and around to the back of our house. Our deck extends over the entrance and makes a shaded area so the parents can actually pull up to the door. Really comes in handy in rain and snowy weather. Because my drive is so long and a hill we have a contract with a local snow removal business he will also clean sidewalks are make a path for the entrance. Funny we use the shaded area below the deck more than the deck.

Comment

Working...
                  X