Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi, My Name Is _____ And I Have An Addiction..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi, My Name Is _____ And I Have An Addiction..

Hi everyone, my name is spud and I have an addiction to....

Arts and Crafts supplies!!

My addictions rotate from toys (especially wooden ones) to manipulatives to theme-related materials. But....now, every time I wander into a craft store I spend around $20+ on craft supplies I've convinced myself is necessary. I mean, come on really, did I really have to go to the craft store yesterday and get a bunch of googly eyes with eyelashes, foam stickers and wooden treasure boxes? Don't even get me started on painting supplies! I'm not even artistically inclined! I feel like Martha Stewart has taken over my brain!

Anyone else want to fess up to their addictions?

Hi, my name is Miss J and I have a scrapbooking addiction. My husband is my enabler. My kids are the reason. I have no intention of ever stopping. Bring on the glitter!

Comment

Hi I am Miss B, and I am addicted to our monthly themes.

I have purchased more garden/dinosaur/farm things in the past 3 months, that I thought possible. Today at circle time we sat there wearing our dinosaur hat/masks each with our own toy dinosaur while we read dino book and then looked through the dino sensory bin.

Comment

Originally posted by blandino View Post
        Hi I am Miss B, and I am addicted to our monthly themes.

I have purchased more garden/dinosaur/farm things in the past 3 months, that I thought possible. Today at circle time we sat there wearing our dinosaur hat/masks each with our own toy dinosaur while we read dino book and then looked through the dino sensory bin.
        This is amazing. I LOVE IT! Wish I had the budget for that!
        Currently, I'm PIN-dicted. Anyone who follows me is well aware.

Comment

lets see, arts and crafts, yarn, scrapbooking, ribbon, I think I need a bigger craft room.

Comment

Originally posted by Brooksie View Post
            All from the dollar store. Also, when we are about to start a unit, I send something out for all parents lend us anything they think might be useful for the unit. So that supplements my purchases. The biggies expenditure I have for each unit is the books from scholastic.

Comment

Hi, my name is Patches, and I have a Craigslist addiction (99% daycare related) I'm pretty good at convincing myself that even though I don't NEED it now, it's too good a deal to pass up.

Comment

Originally posted by Brooksie View Post
                happyface

Comment

Originally posted by blandino View Post
                  All from the dollar store. Also, when we are about to start a unit, I send something out for all parents lend us anything they think might be useful for the unit. So that supplements my purchases. The biggies expenditure I have for each unit is the books from scholastic.
                  I do this too. *sigh*

Comment

Hi, my name is LK5kids and I used to have an addiction to making flannel board stories & activities. Made over 300! It was good therapy!

I still have the stalk rummage sales/resale shops for toys addiction.

Comment

Originally posted by LK5kids View Post
                      Hi, my name is LK5kids and I used to have an addiction to making flannel board stories & activities. Made over 300! It was good therapy!

I still have the stalk rummage sales/resale shops for toys addiction.
                      You should ETSY THOSE!!!!!!!! I have ZERO talent for making them, but my kids love them. I bought one on etsy that is has jungle animals/scenery and that was for curriculum 3 months ago and it is still used daily!

Comment

My name is Miss t and I have an addiction to Chihuahuas and Hedgehogs
                        Currently I have 3 Chihuahuas and 2 Hedgehogs
                        I was so obsessed with the Chihuahuas when I first got one 10+ years ago that I started an online store for all things Chihuahua, then started publishing a nationwide magazine on them which I stopped publishing 2 years ago to open my daycare.
                        The hedgehogs are a new obsession and I'm still in the learning stages but plan to breed them and hopefully one day will close the daycare in order to breed for a business.

Oh, was this a daycare question?> I'm obsessed with outdoor toys. Our front yard went from having a small area for a swing set and sandbox to a complete playground in just over a year, with 2 plastic playscapes, swingset, gigantic tractor tire and more.

Comment

Hi my name is miss Jan and I have a book addiction!! I tell ya, everytime I go into a store, especially the dollar store and teacher store I come home with books, children's books, resource books, you name it!! I told my fiancé we'll have to have a library in our home just for MY books I'm also big on lesson plan supplies!

Comment

Originally posted by choirlady76 View Post
                            Hi my name is miss Jan and I have a book addiction!! I tell ya, everytime I go into a store, especially the dollar store and teacher store I come home with books, children's books, resource books, you name it!! I told my fiancé we'll have to have a library in our home just for MY books I'm also big on lesson plan supplies!
                            there is a new store in michigan called Ollies. Omg, I spent 100 dollars on books this weekend. Books are marked down so cheap (they are all brand new) that they are even cheaper than scholastic.

Comment

To chips ahoy cookies.......... one bag lasts less then a day in this house
                              "God said, ‘I have found David son of Jesse, a man after my own heart. He will do everything I want him to do.'"
                              Acts 13:22

Comment

Working...
                              X