Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by youretooloud View Post
    Looks like fifths.

Fifths gets better, then worse, then better, then worse. Heat and water seems to make it angry.

Usually fifths will also show up on the legs, and arms too. But, it's most obvious on the cheeks.
    Heat doesn't affect this rash. And it's weird but the rash in his face looks different an the rash on the rest of his body.

Comment

Oh and as an added bonus, at the Er the nurse gave us some great things to add to our doctor kit. A hospital gown, two kid blood pressure cuffs, some extra small gloves, and oxygen mask, and some other things.

The kids were very excited.

Day three of steroids and he is almost cleared up. Still has the rash on the face but its much lighter. The sporadic body rashes are smaller too.

He still feels great and is having no side effects of the steroids.

Comment

I know it sounds weird but did they check him for strep? My son had Scarletina and it was just the weirdest rash ever.

My son had been ill and in a red sleeper all day. When I stripped him down for his bath he looked like the red coloring bled all over him. Especially in the groin area.

Either way - I'm so glad that it is going away but the pink cheeks are cute!

Comment

Originally posted by Kaddidle Care View Post
          I know it sounds weird but did they check him for strep? My son had Scarletina and it was just the weirdest rash ever.

My son had been ill and in a red sleeper all day. When I stripped him down for his bath he looked like the red coloring bled all over him. Especially in the groin area.

Either way - I'm so glad that it is going away but the pink cheeks are cute!
          No they didn't check him for strep. Because he is almost five and he's only been actually sick once in his life. He's never had an ear infection or anything. And nobody else has been sick. He's had no fever. And the rash seemed to be connected to the ticks.

Comment

I am betting the tic and they are BAD this year... long loose cotton pants and shirt and roll the off tucked in at the ankles also...

treat your yard for ticks to give him a safe zone to play it will help with chiggers also.

new allergies can pop up at anytime. I think you are suppose dto use light colored clothes so you can spot the tick on the clothes.
            It:: will wait

Comment

Originally posted by rmc20021 View Post
              Has he eaten anything acidic...such as ketchup? I have a boy who when he has something like that he will get a rash all around his mouth...not nearly that severe but he usually doesn't get it that spread out onto his face, usually about 2 inches all the way around his mouth if I don't clean it quickly enough.
              Looks like he ate something that he was allergic to. What was he wearing on his face; chocolate, marinara sauce?

Comment

since it looks external its probably something he touched (could be grass too) and it spread all over his body and face. I don't think its ticks. could he have been playing with bubbles or in a sand box.

Comment

Originally posted by countrymom View Post
                  since it looks external its probably something he touched (could be grass too) and it spread all over his body and face. I don't think its ticks. could he have been playing with bubbles or in a sand box.
                  He plays with bubbles and sand every day ...and wears ketchup, chocolate etc too .

I'd have thought food allergies but where the ticks were reacted as well....

I'd have thought grass or environmental but we do nature hikes every day...through full woods....

We do spray our yard ... We have it done commercially.... However we don't own the hundreds of acres around us.... And I'm simply not going to limit my country kids to a limited area. We can't do long pants its 100 degrees here with 100%humidity... It's just not going to work that way.

We do tick checks twice a day and these weren't his first ticks of the season. The doc did say it wasn't the first time she had seen this in a child that was allergic to oer venom such as ants and wasps etc...

It makes sense...but I guess just unexpected. Food allergies are fairly out of the question I'm pretty sure.

I'm not too worried about the steroids as we have to do those about three times a year due to allergic reactions. Now that he's a little older its easier. He doesn't react to just ONE ant bite anymore like he used to. We're pretty good at keeping the area as free of ants and wasps etc as possible.

But I'm unable to keep the deer and sir ticks off my property. It's like a wildlife rescue out there. I can walk outside any given night and find a coon, possum, you name it.

My daughter was a sting allergic child too. But only with ants. And she grew out if it.

Thankfully we don't have chiggers or anything like that.

Dang... SMH tick spit allergy... I wonder if they make a medic alert bracelet for that??

Comment

keep your grass cut really short, they hate short grass. spray your kids with deep woods too. Tics are a pain this year.

Comment

Originally posted by countrymom View Post
                      keep your grass cut really short, they hate short grass. spray your kids with deep woods too. Tics are a pain this year.
                      Yes they seem to be worse this year than ever... But our weather here has been crazy as well so I wonder if that contributes

Comment

Working...
                      X