No announcement yet.

How Long Have You Been Open?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long have you been open? I opened January 24 2012...so not quite 15 months ago

How many children have you cared for? I have had 8 children in care since beginning. The first one I only had for 3 days before the mom quite working.

What are some changes that you have made since you opened? I have taken all my household furniture out of my living room and it's entirely daycare now. I have constantly bought daycare furniture/toys every week. I have begun working a preschool program for 4/5 yo's. I have updated my policy and put more emphasis on enforcing my rules. I have changed getting paid after care, to getting paid in advance...lots of changes actually.

What is something you did NOT change? I have not changed the way in which I expect the children in my care to behave...that's always a given, always consistent.

What is your favorite part of your day? And your least favorite? Favorite part of my day is nap time, and doing fun activities...crafts, arts, science projects with the kids. Least favorite part of the day is WAITING for dcp's to get here on time.

Comment

How long have you been open? 5 Years

How many children have you cared for? 18

What are some changes that you have made since you opened? I only take Full Time, I Charge Monthly/Require a 30 Day Notice, I only take preschoolers (2-5 Yrs).

What is something you did NOT change? My enforcement of policies. I've always been pretty strict about expecting clients to follow my rules.(Same as Black Cat)

What is your favorite part of your day? Nap Time

And your least favorite? The last hour.

Comment

How long have you been open? 21Years

How many children have you cared for? between 3 and 5 a year from age 1-4

What are some changes that you have made since you opened? I have reduced my hours to 06h30-16h30 giving parents an hour each way to commute and no more.
        My fees were 25$ a day in 1992 and are 35$ a day today
        What is something you did NOT change? I still follow our day nurseries act without fail for any aspects that can translate into a home situation.

What is your favorite part of your day? Home time

And your least favorite? somewhere between the last bit of morning playtime and tidy up time. I find that drags (around 10h30)

Comment

I have been open for only 2 months
          I have 4 full time children (1 my own) and 1 part time child and one part time starting in 2 weeks.
          I haven't changed any thing yet, but am thinking of opening an 7 instead of 6 and
          I will take Good Friday off next year!
          My least favorite part of the day is chasing around the 18 mo. old that I have to prevent him from hitting, pulling hair, etc... Also early risers from nap that are crabby due to waking up too early!
          My favorite part of the day is when we can go outside!

Comment

Working...
          X