Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Way To Clean Diarrhea Out Of Carpet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Way To Clean Diarrhea Out Of Carpet?

Well, you can about imagine how my morning is going... what is the safest way to clean diarrhea out of carpet?

I wiped up what I could and then spinkled borax over it, waited a bit then vacuumed up. Then washed with a bleach water solution on my hands and knees with a wash cloth....

This is in my main toy area so I want to make sure it's safe for the kids to return to that area.

Thanks for help!!

Sounds like what you did should be good. Does it still have a smell? If so redo the bleach solution once it dries. I had an incident and I wiped up what I could and then used my carpet cleaner. Once it dried I used some disinfectant.

Comment

I don't own a carpet cleaner because I only have carpet in my toy room... I can't smell it but it reaks so strong like bleach in here right now, who could tell... I bleached all the toys while I was at it too...

Thank you for the reply! Hope you are having a better day than me!

Comment

You can rent a cleaner from the grocery store. That might be good, although your method sounds effective. But just in case.

((HUGS)) sorry you're having such a sh***y morning :P
        Hee hee! Look, I have a signature!

Comment

*yuck* That does NOT sound good. It sounds like you did what you could to clean the area effectively. If it's stained, you could try ammonia/water mix, white towel and an iron. Spray the area generously, place the white towel on the spot and steam it with an iron, the stain should transfer to the white towel - rinse & repeat to see if that takes care of it. :hug: Hope your day gets better. I had to do this with throw up yesterday

Comment

I use an enzymatic cleaner for any bodily fluid clean up - works great on poo, barf, blood and urps.

Doesn't matter the brand, just make sure it has the enzymes. It'll clean deeper and more thoroughly than even bleach can without leaving that icky harsh chemical smell.

(I use it for any messes my pets make too and it's great for food spills in your vehicle...you know the ones that heat up in the sun and make everything smell just LOVELY )

Comment

ITA with the enzymatic cleaner and renting a steam cleaner. We own both a Bissel full size steam cleaner and Bissel Little Green Machine. I do our carpets 4x/year with the big one and use the little one for stuff like this.

Comment

I have the BEST formula!!! I use it on pee mattresses all the time. You'll want to color test it first, but it works wonders especially when it comes to smell.

Edited to add, you'll want to use this after a preliminary clean-up. I love our shampooer too, I wouldn't have kids and carpet without one.

16 0z Hydrogen Peroxide
                1 Teaspoon dishwashing liquid
                1 Tablespoon Baking Soda

Mix together and soak area, leave on till completely dry if a white residue appears it can be vacuumed or brushed away

Comment

Originally posted by just_peachy View Post
                  I have the BEST formula!!! I use it on pee mattresses all the time. You'll want to color test it first, but it works wonders especially when it comes to smell.

Edited to add, you'll want to use this after a preliminary clean-up. I love our shampooer too, I wouldn't have kids and carpet without one.

16 0z Hydrogen Peroxide
                  1 Teaspoon dishwashing liquid
                  1 Tablespoon Baking Soda

Mix together and soak area, leave on till completely dry if a white residue appears it can be vacuumed or brushed away
                  This is the same thing we use on our dog when he gets a visit from his skunk friend - it works great!!!

OP - that sounds like a fantastic morning Hope it's gotten better.

Comment

Working...
                  X